Update Equinox 800

Hello all..

Anyone did update on 800?

I saw some comments and videos with big No for update.. so I'm thinking, maybe better not to touch it 🙂

• Oh my! 1

I updated my Equinox 600 to version 3 about 3 years ago. The 3.0 version adds 4kHz single frequency, I think it was intended for Asian customers, but it's a good option everywhere.

You don't lose any custom settings, and supposedly the machine is more stable.

I don't see any good reason not to update unless you believe in voodoo 🙂

• Like 5

I updated my 800 both times so I am also on the version that includes 4khz.  I would recommend the updates, I saw no downside only improvements. (not that I use the 4 khz all that much, mostly just for testing signals) 

• Like 1

Found no problems with the update and it seems to work better than before.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hey Mr Metal,

A metal detector company will issue updates to fix problems that customers have. They do not ever release an update that will make their product worse, that does happen with cell phones and computers but not metal detectors. Ask yourself this:

What would they have to gain with program obsolescence?

A bad reputation hurts sales.

If you've been detecting a long time, I understand why you might be reluctant to update a trusted machine, but that particular update has not been changed for 3+ years now. They made other improvements than just adding 4kHz. Think of what you might be missing... Or have missed. 🙂

🍀

• Like 2

Also, they have since came out with the 700, 900, and Manticore! If you really like the machine as is, but want to try another ML, those are your current options! But I don't think those would be much of an improvement for you, seeing that you are in Europe! A Deus 2 might be a consideration, if you decide to shop for an upgrade, as those are doing very well there!

As an added note, you can also rollback to your current verson, if you don't like the update! I have had no issues with the last update!🍀👍👍

• Like 2