Legend Glow Paint On Keys

I don't have any problem with the buttons in the daytime, because it was easy enough to quickly learn what each button does. Especially given the placement of the buttons.

My problem with the buttons is when I'm night hunting in pitch black, on cold nights, and wearing thick gloves. That's the only reason why I painted the button logos white.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I agree, the all black buttons are just plain dumb.  

Has anyone used the Nokta protective cover with the keys in red?  https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessory/protective-system-box-cover/

I'll be honest I haven't purchased it because I think Nokta should have included one with each Legend since they clearly don't want' to make the buttons more visible.  Or at least offered them to current owners at cost.  I love the company and the Legend is a really good detector but the button issue simply doesn't make sense to me.  Meanwhile I just have the buttons pretty much memorized so it really isn't a problem for me anymore.

Yep I tried that thing also

the problem with the cover that has the neoprene with the colored in buttons is it will not stay in place so you end up pushing the wrong buttons all the time, I dealt with that for about 3 weeks then I pulled it off and went back to my Dean Os cover, that one with those colored in buttons on the neoprene was a good idea if it would have worked as intended, but it moved around to much and would not stay in place 

After careful thought I guess they didn't paint the keys because once you get your dirty fingers/gloves all over the keys from digging everything it will make a dirt outline around the keys. Then you can see what the keys are for!