Metal Detecting, Seeking Buried Treasure: Give These Treasure Coast, Florida, Beaches A Try

• The title was changed to Metal Detecting, Seeking Buried Treasure: Give These Treasure Coast, Florida, Beaches A Try

I'll add one significant point they neglected to cover in that report.  Within the last year or so, tons of new sand was dumped on our beaches which redefined the term "buried treasure". Until a big storm or several of them washes away that re-nourishment project, treasure from the 1715 wrecks will be much more difficult to find.  🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had customers in the past make outstanding finds on the beach and inland (Sand washed inland from Hurricanes sometimes yield Spanish). If I'm correct, you're not allowed in the water/ocean due to "Salvage Rights" filed by treasure companies. Mel spent $2 million in court battling the State of Florida over the Atocha finds, which led to companies filing for their section of ocean. That was the last I knew.  Some of my Cancun beach loot. Found less than one hour. 

Cancun detecting coins.jpg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Oh my! 1