Youtube Reviews Axiom

Watching YouTube videos of detector comparisons can be educational or like getting teeth pulled without something for the pain. 
If you are thinking of purchasing an Axiom this group in here does some great videos and tutorials. 
I'm knew to using the Axiom, 3 times so far. I watch as many videos as possible. "Professionals" do a disservice to the Axiom if they don't show how to use it properly.  Just because you buy a hammer it doesn't mean you're a carpenter. The Axiom is a tool and I see people dissing it when they don't even know how to use it. 
I've watched videos of people trying to use iron discrimination with a mono coil. 
Videos where they don't ground balance on known hot rocks. 
Small gold specimens but don't use the DD coil. 

We might need an approved list of videographers because some of the reviewers don't do the Axiom justice! 

You guys make the cut! 

YouTube is very problematic for newbies. There is good stuff and bad stuff. Sometimes the boring guy has the best info, and the entertaining guy spreads misinformation, but the entertaining guy gets the eyeballs. If you already know the subject well you can sort out what is what real fast, but for newbies they simply can't spot the bad information as they don't know any better.

I can swear to one thing. Nobody taught me how to metal detect. I just got a detector and went detecting. I read the manual. I experimented on different targets with different settings. I learned what worked and what did not. I do the same to this very day. All you need is a metal detector and some hours behind the wheel plus an inquistive mind. It's really not rocket science. Experience is the best teacher.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:41 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

All you need is a metal detector and some hours behind the wheel plus an inquistive mind. It's really not rocket science. Experience is the best teacher.

"learn through digging" and its basically what I do with any new detector...skim over the manual then go out and dig dig dig. Just use the darn thing...There are some very knowledgable users on this site and since the talk is mostly about metal detectors I will pay attention to what they are saying about different settings coils programs etc...and then try that myself and see how things work out where I hunt..

strick