I Feel Like I Got Screwed. What Say You?

7 hours ago, V3imadness said:

Yeah, I just bought one. It hasn't even made it here yet. NOw I am thinking maybe I should of stuck with my old V3i and sent it away to get a tune up.

I would take the Manticore over the V3i any day.  

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 3:16 AM, TampaBayBrad said:

Man!.......All this negative talk about Minelab starts because they ran a sale on Manticore. I'm sure there are a lot of folks that appreciate the sale and bought one.

I just don't consider -29.5% / $500 a sale.  That difference can buy 2 coils or another machine or two. Maybe groceries?  You try and try to talk a car dealer down from a $28,000 car and he won't budge.  So you buy it only to drive by the lot a week later and see the exact car for $19,740 out the door. That's not a sale to me.  That's a slap in the face. 

7 hours ago, V3imadness said:

Yeah, I just bought one. It hasn't even made it here yet. NOw I am thinking maybe I should of stuck with my old V3i and sent it away to get a tune up.

No sir! You made the right decision, you will not regret it. Just wait till you get familiar with Manticore and that V3i will collect dust.

OH! And welcome to the forum, tell us how you make out with it or ask any questions you want right here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, khouse said:

I just don't consider -29.5% / $500 a sale.  That difference can buy 2 coils or another machine or two. Maybe groceries?  You try and try to talk a car dealer down from a $28,000 car and he won't budge.  So you buy it only to drive by the lot a week later and see the exact car for $19,740 out the door. That's not a sale to me.  That's a slap in the face. 

I paid full price January 2023....like 17 months ago. I have found more than enough gold/diamonds to pay for it and have had more than enough fun using it to worry about the money I could have saved had I waited until now. But, I can understand your opinion, especially if you recently bought one at full price. But me......I don't feel that way at all.

• Like 1

Whatever motivated Minelab to hold this sale, I’m glad they did. I was prepared to spend the $1699 anyway, so the sale enabled me to buy the Manticore plus the Xterra Pro and waterproof headphones for less than I was prepared to pay for just one detector. Now both sets of headphones are cross compatible with both detectors. I doubt the manticore will see much water. I don’t really want to chance it. So the XTerra will be my fresh water and backup detector. A while back I had gotten into tough financial times and had to sell every detector I own (except my Pinpointers). Now things are much better and I’m grateful this sale enabled me to get back into the game properly.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Whatever motivated Minelab to hold this sale, I’m glad they did. I was prepared to spend the $1699 anyway, so the sale enabled me to buy the Manticore plus the Xterra Pro and waterproof headphones for less than I was prepared to pay for just one detector. Now both sets of headphones are cross compatible with both detectors. I doubt the manticore will see much water. I don’t really want to chance it. So the XTerra will be my fresh water and backup detector. A while back I had gotten into tough financial times and had to sell every detector I own (except my Pinpointers). Now things are much better and I’m grateful this sale enabled me to get back into the game properly.  

Maybe they had the the discount because sales slowed for it and the main competitor to it (Deus II) is ~$1300.

Also since the sale is now over I see that its gone back to its original price so maybe they used the 35 year anniversary sale as a test for a lower price.

I got mine Dec 2022 even though it was expensive its been a really good detector so far.  I feel that if minelab keeps putting out updates giving new features (mineralization meter, etc) then I'll consider the extra money I spent worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I was prepared to spend the $1699 anyway, so the sale enabled me to buy the Manticore plus the Xterra Pro and waterproof headphones for less than I was prepared to pay for just one detector.  

Which waterproof Headphones did you go with? Thanks 

3 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I doubt the manticore will see much water. I don’t really want to chance it.

Those fears are a thing of the past. There are hardly any reports of Manticore flooding. I've been dunking mine for 17 months now and you wouldn't catch me using any other detector in the water. Check out "Detect Florida" on youtube....he rarely hunts sand, is always in the water. I'm in the water 75% of the time. If by some weird defect yours leaks (doubtful) there's always the warranty. Don't be scared! 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scanman said:

Which waterproof Headphones did you go with? Thanks 

I went with the yellow Koss. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Those fears are a thing of the past. There are hardly any reports of Manticore flooding. I've been dunking mine for 17 months now and you wouldn't catch me using any other detector in the water. Check out "Detect Florida" on youtube....he rarely hunts sand, is always in the water. I'm in the water 75% of the time. If by some weird defect yours leaks (doubtful) there's always the warranty. Don't be scared! 🙂

This is good to hear. My next purchase will be a Blu3 Nemo or Nomad for local swimming holes. 

• Like 3