I Feel Like I Got Screwed. What Say You?

As for me, payed the full price with a slight discount on the M8 cause I've personally taken both at the dealer's new shop.

I don't mind the highway and gas price against a subtle bargain but I mind that in Europe it seems we'll not benefit of this price discount.

I tell You, I'm maybe one of the few that will buy another Manti tomorrow for the right price...🫢

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nice link. Having run a business it does not work like that. I ordered a bunch of stuff on a guess thinking it would sell. Then the day came where I went “oh ####, I ###### up and ordered too many. What to do? Ok guys, let’s have a sale. Let’s see, Sunday is coming up…. We will call it the Super Sunday Sale! We need to blow these things out. What price will work? $200 off. Maybe. $300? Ah, screw it, I’m busy and need these things out of here, need some cash for a new forklift I want to buy. Let’s bite the bullet and go $500 off and get these things gone!

The basic flaw of economics is stated in the first paragraph of the link “In neoclassical economics, which is currently the mainstream approach to microeconomics, the firm is assumed to be a "rational agent"”

Rational agents - ha! The business world is made up of human beings and has all types. As humans mistakes are regularly made. Petty politics is rampant in any large organization. Important decisions get made with a hangover from last night. Big egos everywhere trying to make a mark with a wild gamble. Rational? Let me hold up Elon Musk as exhibit A. Brilliant? No doubt. Rational? Depends on the moment and it has been my observation that genius is the tiniest step away from madness. No, people try hard, but trying to reduce people or companies to equations based on an assumption they act rationally is an exercise doomed to failure. Emotion and human frailty are a large part of the equation.

I agree that most of us are not 'rational' most of the time. Someone "important" at Codan's sales projections have proven to be over optimistic! I like the old saw "Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity, but cash is king".

Yea, I'm a little peeved about buying a Manticore in Feb 2024 for $1699 and seeing it on sale two months later for $1199!  Well, it has paid for itself several times, already (yes, in 2 months).  But still!

Hmmm, I currently have an 800 as back-up but warranty will soon expire and I've drowned 3 over past 4 years...Haven't drowned the Manticore, yet, but it is good for 6 meters.

Perhaps a good time to consider another Manticore for back-up, particularly because of water....

Perhaps this is an opportunity instead of a curse...

Easy fix!

lf you don't like the games they play, stop buying their products! And that goes for anything, not just detectors! There are enough good companies with good products, that actually care about customer input, before and after the sale, to not tolerate repetitive failures of products and management!

ML has permanently lost me due to this very fact! I do just as well with the now defunct  White's and Tesoro's; to name a few brands i use! And I'm suffering no remorse for ML's products! They don't even help out the customers in their own country; that speaks volumes!

"Fool me once..."

🍀👍👍

• Like 1

You got screwed! And I agree I'm with Joe D, we should punish this asshole company whenever possible. Minelab is clearly a straight forward stock value oriented. 

I am cheering for Nokta. I hope their PI is somehow superior  to the Axiom or the Algoforce.

My problem is that if Minelab comes out with the GPZ 8 I surely will consider selling my left nut to get one! 😀 

39 minutes ago, khouse said:

It would be much easier to switch if they didn't make such good machines. I have a Double Score and it hunts very well.  

Understandable,

I have an 800 (now dead bad on/off switch) and a V540! Both good machines, but I'm not replacing them with ML's

I don't think I'm punishing them at all, they could care less if they loose my business! (Part of the problem)! I just refuse to give them another dime! Quality control was/is a huge issue for the 800; that was my 3rd pod! And replaced two 11" coils for broken ears! So yeah, done!! Gonna sell off my remaining coils and shafts, and move on!🍀👍👍

23 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Understandable,

I have an 800 (now dead bad on/off switch) and a V540! Both good machines, but I'm not replacing them with ML's

I don't think I'm punishing them at all, they could care less if they loose my business! (Part of the problem)! I just refuse to give them another dime! Quality control was/is a huge issue for the 800; that was my 3rd pod! And replaced two 11" coils for broken ears! So yeah, done!! Gonna sell off my remaining coils and shafts, and move on!🍀👍👍

My 800 leaked the first time in water.  I was sent a new head and I sold the machine. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, khouse said:

My 800 leaked the first time in water.  I was sent a new head and I sold the machine. 

My first two pods were covered under warranty, this replacement would be $350ish; which is a no go for me! Rather invest in some other new machine at some point, and let "sleeping dogs" lie!🍀👍👍

Well, too late for me since all I received was a military discount.  But I am not going to have any regrets about it and treat it as "water under the bridge."  Things like that may happen about a lot of product we buy, including automobiles that are discounted shortly after one buys it.   Haven't you noticed all the EV-discount offers these days, including Tesla EV's?  A few months ago these buyers had to pay a lot more $ for some of these cars.  I am taking about a bunch of money, not just two or three hundred dollars.

I don't plan to buy any more detectors. Well, maybe a gold detector one of these days.  But in reality, with some many of us swinging detectors it won't  take for a few short years for the "old dropped" coins to disappear. These things just don't grow like plants do.  And yes, beach hunters will continue finding new coins and jewelry; I do understand it.   Minelab has been fine with me, and so Toyota, Honda, Ford, and even Canon cameras.