That Horrible Moment, Punctual As Every Year

I started again last October to hunt full time almost every day, storms permitting and with a bad back.

Like every year, this period of heavy sand accumulation on the beach finally arrived I would say late.

For about two weeks now, the only targets within reach have been a few really deep coins and an inordinate amount of aluminum.

Although I always manage to find a depression or an eroded section, these are a few obvious and over-beaten spots, the same ones that first ever allow fresh drops to be recovered but not even in this case have I been able to encounter new material.

It had been seven years since I had experienced this feeling, very similar to stepping into the ring at dawn and taking punches, then starting again the next morning and yet another one to follow.

We'll see when the next piece of gold shows up....

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

• The title was changed to That Horrible Moment, Punctual As Every Year

No good buddy. I'm sure something will pop up when you least expect it though. Had a similar experience a while ago at a heavily detected beach. Found a random washout in the shallow water and the only target I really got for the entire day was a single heavy diamond Pave ring. 

You could always check out some old newspaper archives and investigate old beach areas that no longer exist. We have quite a lot around here. 

• Like 3

Rama-lamaaaaaa-Seeee-Teeeee-exxx-Rama-Lamaaaaa-exxxx-callll-toooo-Rama-Lamaaaaaaaa-Mannn-Teeeee-Corrrrrr-Rama-lama-lama-dooooo!

Chant that on the way to your next hunt. I see Silver in your future!

• Haha 1

I'm sure that things will get back to normal soon for you as it always does.

We all go through periods when we can't hit on something nice, but then out of the blue we just can't stop getting some good stuff.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

You could always check out some old newspaper archives and investigate old beach areas that no longer exist. We have quite a lot around here. 

You're damn right...In my past good days I've been in less than obvious places where sometimes I wondered how and for what reason people dared to enter the water.

We can't imagine the old shape of the coast nor the local people attractions on site.

Today's fresh nightmare it was this hell of a cut damn hard to reach and to hunt... Unbelievably... Nothing, not a damn good signal unless iron and crappy bits I'm finally avoiding on the Manti.

Holy S###🤬

IMG_20240710_092520.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MD4V.org said:

Chant that on the way to your next hunt. I see Silver in your future!

I'll try...But at 65 cents/gram I'm skipping silver all day long🫢

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

I'm sure that things will get back to normal soon for you as it always does.

We all go through periods when we can't hit on something nice, but then out of the blue we just can't stop getting some good stuff.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

"Poor man who relies on the breath of the wind and listens to the voices of mermaids..."

A tragic poetry due to the low mood after not diving since almost two weeks😂

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 7:20 PM, Skull diver said:

You're damn right...In my past good days I've been in less than obvious places where sometimes I wondered how and for what reason people dared to enter the water.

We can't imagine the old shape of the coast nor the local people attractions on site.

Today's fresh nightmare it was this hell of a cut damn hard to reach and to hunt... Unbelievably... Nothing, not a damn good signal unless iron and crappy bits I'm finally avoiding on the Manti.

Holy S###🤬

IMG_20240710_092520.jpg

Ooh, looks like such a promising area too! Have you tried wading in the shallows? I'd be all over a spot like that hehehe

What are you running your recovery speed on? 

21 minutes ago, TTT2866 said:

Ooh, looks like such a promising area too! Have you tried wading in the shallows? I'd be all over a spot like that hehehe

What are you running your recovery speed on? 

I couldn't push further toward the water.

I took the photo before leaving the area, but during the search the waves were worse than it appears.

Bad rocks to stumble on in that stretch.

What discourages me from attempting a dive in the stretch below is the low attendance because it is distant and in the middle from two equipped beaches and it is really heartbreaking to reach that place with nothing but a towel.

Hotels really far from the area and really wild matrix to attract daredevils on the cheap.

Regarding the retrieve speed, I am gradually going up to 6 or 7 points because there is no other way to put up with the noise in beach LC when on 25 and over in sensitivity and totally submerged coil.

There seems to be no difference in detection depth.

With M8 and with M9, I can't in air tests notice bad behavior with recovery on 7