The Garrett AT Gold was released in 2011 and is still in production. The AT Gold is a fully submersible 18 kHz VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, relic detecting, and gold prospecting.
"The AT Gold operates at a high frequency optimized for gold prospecting and includes a True All Metal Mode. The ALL METAL Mode is preferred for prospecting because it provides the greatest possible depth and sensitivity. It also provides a continuous audio response to allow the operator to hear the subtle detection signals produced by faint targets. The AT Gold includes manual and automatic Ground Balance—plus an exclusive Ground Balance Window™ feature—to optimize the detector's performance in highly mineralized ground, where gold is most often found. This detector is also waterproof to a maximum depth of 10 feet (3 meters) for searching in freshwater lakes and streams. In addition to its True All Metal Mode, the AT Gold includes two Discrimination Modes, making it a versatile coin and relic hunting machine. When selecting either the DISC 1 or DISC 2 mode, the operator gains more Tone ID information from targets in addition to the ability to discriminate unwanted trash targets (e.g. nails, foil, pull tabs)." Source: Owner's Manual
Garrett AT Gold metal detector
Garrett AT Gold control panel
- True All-Metal Mode - Detects all types of metal and provides the greatest possible detection depth and sensitivity.
- All Metal Iron Audio™ - Garrett Exclusive feature that audibly identifies discriminated iron while operating in a True All-Metal Mode (also available in the two Discrim Modes).
- Higher Frequency - 18 kHz to enhance detection of small gold nuggets.
- Ground Balance Window - Garrett Exclusive feature that allows user to “spread” the ground balance setting to reduce the response to subtle ground variations.
- All Terrain Versatility - Weatherproof design for dusty, humid, or wet environments; and fully submersible to 10-foot depth.
- High-Resolution Iron Discrimination™ - Provides fine resolution of iron discrimination (44 levels) for the most precise ability to separate a good target from iron trash.
- Digital Target ID - Numeric scale from 0 to 99; indicates a target’s conductivity.
- Pro Mode Audio - Proportional audio response and Tone Roll Audio features provide more target information.
- Fast Track™ Ground Balance - Automatic feature that allows the user to quickly ground balance the detector in mineralized soil conditions. Ground balance can also be adjusted manually.
- Adjustable Threshold - User can manually adjust the audio threshold (the constant background sound or “hum”) to better hear targets.
- Fast Recovery Speed - Allows greater ability to pick out good targets amongst trash.
- Three Search Modes plus Pinpoint
- More Info: Continuous coin depth indicator to help determine target depth. Battery condition indicator. Graphic Target Analyzer identifies target’s conductivity. Adjustable Frequency helps eliminate interference.
Edited by Steve Herschbach