Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

White's 24K Issue?

aufarmer

On 1/5/2020 at 6:12 AM, Jim in Idaho said:

Not always, Jim. My DFX does that and the RNB battery I use in it is the same one I used in my GMT. The GMT never had the problem. I've never worried about the problem in the DFX, as it restarts and runs fine after one of these events. I figured the problem may be the battery contacts, but don't know for sure.

Jim

great suggestion but the 24K doesnt have an auto off switch like the DFX. That is an excellent tip to remember though ; )

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, aufarmer said:

I purchased a White's 24K this summer and am really liking this detector.  Have an out cropping that I swing a Goldbug II over every year so it's been picked pretty clean, but was surprised to actually get a signal with the 24K and it turn out to be gold.  Thinking when the 6x4 coil comes out I may finally say goodbye to the Goldbug II.  Maybe.

One issue I am having is that it will shut off after a couple hours use.  It would start back up ok but after running a couple hours it would shut down on it's own again.  Just curious if anyone else had encountered this issue?  Contacted Whites but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

AUFARMER did you ever get your problem resolved with the shutdown of your 24K? see my latest port if you haven't.

35 minutes ago, Jerry Perez said:

AUFARMER did you ever get your problem resolved with the shutdown of your 24K? see my latest port if you haven't.

I used it for a couple hours since and it appears to be working properly.  

• Like 1