Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

TDI Pro And SL Difference?

kac

22 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

There have been many threads here that discuss the TDI's, and especially mods for the TDI/SL.  I recall some comments that not all TDI/SL (including the SPP variant) could be juiced up by simply adding more voltage.  Those concerns claimed the date-of-manufacture was a tipoff to whether or not a higher voltage would help.  (I don't know if those claims were solid/verified, though.)  Reg Smith was the expert outside of White's but unfortunately (in many more ways than just this) he's no longer around.

The only issue with using GPX coils (including aftermarket/3rd party versions) on the TDI's that I'm aware of is that sometimes the DD's don't work well on at least some TDI's (whether it's model dependent or just individual unit variation dependent, I don't remember).  But the monos (AFAIK) work great.

Must admit i have never used a GPX DD coil on my TDI Pro,only ever used the Mono coil and as you have mentioned they work a treat,one big advantage with using the GPX Mono coils is that you can pick them all up relatively dirt cheap brand new as most of mine cost me peanuts and i mean peanuts.

The TDI Pro is plenty deep enough for my needs and that is mainly on specific sites mainly my roman trading villa site,if i want the same depth or deeper then my one of my Nexus machines come out to play as that then offers me the same depth as a Pulse but with full discrimination its a no brainer really.

• Like 3