Climate Change And Prospecting… Welcome To The Bonanza

On 1/14/2022 at 4:19 AM, Aureous said:

Ask any ACTUAL scientist who has been given all the data and the actual method of the AGW theory and they all say 'This is complete BS'. My science background is in Phytology where Co2 is a very important factor....it took me less than 60 seconds of reading it to realize that this is a major con-job. The climate has been changing significantly ever since the end of the last Ice Age approx 11,000 years ago, both up and down. The infinitesimal increase we are currently experiencing is absolutely nothing compared to what Mother Earth has performed to our planet in the past. Nature has adapted and evolved perfectly well to all of that and will continue to do so I suspect lol  

I literally just asked that we keep this on topic and not argue causes, nor descend into characterization of things as “con jobs.” That’s what I hate about disagreements these days, it’s always got to come down to impugning the motives and character of people we disagree with, instead of keeping it at the level of ideas. It’s ad hominem attacks gone wild these days.

I may agree or disagree about causes, but who cares? It’s not the subject of the forum, or even the thread, which was about how any of this might be a benefit to prospecting or gold detecting. Frankly, I have my hands full keeping up with tagging XP discussions right now, and do not have time to monitor this thread, so I’m locking it.

Climate change, health care, guns, and more… almost always going to be worth avoiding mention as far as I am concerned as a moderator. Anyone knows what the issues of political debate are these days. Well, debate them someplace else. That’s one of the biggest rules on this forum, if not the biggest, zero politics. People are sick of it. Or let’s be frank, I’m sick of it. I call it “the rage machine,” that pits neighbor against neighbor, all with the goal of boosting ratings and political contributions. They don’t care about you, they just want your eyeballs and money. The last place I need to see any of it is here. And it is my website, so please respect that. Thank you.

A44C3770-698E-43DE-BDA5-427EF77C13F9.jpeg

• The topic was locked