Deus 1 Vs Deus 2 Mono?

67GTA

Question for those of you that have experience with the tonal nuances of the Deus 1. Does Deus 2 mono mode = Deus 1? Did they successfully marry the two, or are the 2 machines just different animals? My power combo for the last few years has been the Equinox 800 followed by Deus 1 for clean up of co-mingled targets. Sold my Deus 1 (regret doing that). Is the Deus 2 able to take the place of the Equinox and Deus1?

From my D2 experiences so far, if XP saw fit to provide a D1-like 5x9.5 elliptical coil compatible with the D2 (even if that coil was limited to mono frequency operation no higher than the D2 45 khz "band"), I think the D2 would have all the D1 bases covered and I could probably retire the D1.  Without that coil, there is a significant missing element in the D2's versatile capabilities.

Kind of my thought also. I haven't seen anything official from XP regarding smaller coils for the D2. I've seen a couple peopleon the forums say that the D2 chip wouldn't fit in the 5x9 design, but not sure what source they are referencing.

That's the XP "party line" for those who have been communicating directly with XP.  Battery and chip don't fit in the coil, so supposedly it is a no go as far as XP is concerned even they were willing to give up on coil "dive" rating by providing an external, shaft mounted battery like the D1 elliptical uses.