D2 Fast Pulls Coins From My Pounded Site

7 hours ago, Digalicious said:

to the best of my knowledge, the Nox's Park1 goes above 10 khz.

Back shortly after the Equinox was released (2018) multiple people used oscilloscopes or spectrum analyzers to determine the transmitted frequencies of the various modes.  Below are a couple threads with measurements.  From those it looks like three frequencies were transmitted in both Park 1 and Park 2 (7.7 kHz, 18 kHz, 38.8 kHz).  As far as how the return signals were weighted in software, though, only Minelab knows that and AFAIK they've never revealed it.

Thank you for that information GB 🙂

What I found most enlightening, was this statement:

Clicking through the different modes made NO difference, so all the difference between the modes is all being done in DSP, not by varying frequency.

What I was getting at with my post you replied to, is the possibility that the D2 is finding more coins in pounded sites because the previous detectors were not set up the same in regards to iron bias, recovery speed, and frequency weighting. If any one of those three is utilized better on the D2, compared to the detectors that were used on the pounded site, then that could very well explain why the D2 is finding more coins. Also, the previous detectors used on those pounded sites may have been too slow and/or not have a SMF mode weighted heavily toward 3-5 khz.

I'd like to elaborate with the details about all that, but I think I'll do so in a separate thread. For now, suffice to say that I'm of the opinion that if I used various SMF detectors with the same coil size, along with the similar recovery speeds, similar iron bias, and similar frequency weighting, then they would perform in a similar manner and find a similar amount of coins.