The Manticore Is A Harmonica Magnet!

Ringtail

I should say brass and harmonica magnet. I took my new Manticore out for 3 hours today, I had to stop when the wind kicked up and wind chill was under 20 degrees!

This was my first real hunt with yesterday was just a half hour trying it out in my backyard. I went to a public park in a historic area. I’ve been there many times with my Equinox and found a couple old relics and two silver quarters. I am sure it had been hit hard by others too. Today I found lots of old brass some of it was large. I found 3 harmonicas: 2 were just reeds and one mostly complete harmonica. I also found a large solid brass plate with a floral design which is about the size of a buckle, a brass lantern top, zinc jar lids, and a heavy piece of brass that might be a gun part. All of these were found in three hours in an area that I’ve been over many times and didn’t find much before. This detector sees things that my other detectors couldn’t and the 2d screen and tones give you much more information about what’s in the ground. One other big plus is that the noise cancellation works better than the Equinox. As others on this forum taught me if you hold it on the button during noise cancel and wait for it to settle on just one number before releasing, it really quiets down and allows you to turn up the sensitivity for more depth.

I’m very happy with my purchase.

Ringtail

8EC1C6FE-E3AD-45A1-A55E-8310DB392370.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ringtail said:

I found 3 harmonicas: 2 were just reeds and one mostly complete harmonica.

Sounds like you were detecting an old Hootenanny Hoedown site! There's probably some old whiskey bottles down there too. Ha!

A great hunt and impressive review on the Manticore. 

Nice hunt! Looks like you got a broken tent rope tensioner to the right of the oil lamp and below the left harmonica reed. Sometimes you can get a patent date from the oil lamp adjustment wheel. I am envious that you can hunt this time of year. Hard to believe that such big pieces of brass were still in the ground. Thanks for posting.

8 hours ago, BigSkyGuy said:

Nice hunt! Looks like you got a broken tent rope tensioner to the right of the oil lamp and below the left harmonica reed. Sometimes you can get a patent date from the oil lamp adjustment wheel. I am envious that you can hunt this time of year. Hard to believe that such big pieces of brass were still in the ground. Thanks for posting.

Thanks. I tried last weekend at another spot an the ground was frozen as hard as rock. I couldn’t dig a single hole. 
Thanks for identifying the tent rope tensioner, I have dug those before at CW sites but never knew what they were. 
Any idea on the oddly shaped brass plate with the floral pattern in the upper left. It has a small hole in the center and the back has no markings. That one has me stumped.

Ringtail

I think the brass item is one of those mystery items. Hopefully someone here will recognize it.