As soon as You read, this is not recent stuff, sorry.

It happened days ago that big G reminded me of a picture captured years ago.

Being not that easy to stop the collage and save timely the shot, I just made a screenshot...

15th may 2019 it says on the original picture.

Well, this its been one of *those days", when I returned home with a bunch of gold from an almost virgin spot. Now, it remains a memory, especially for the finds figures.

This happened like 5 times since I started in 2006.

When We talk about fever, I think about "those days"...

Screenshot_2024-05-14-14-07-26-771_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

• Like 3

I assume you kept going back until it was cleaned out? I can only dream of a day like that. 🤔

4 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I assume you kept going back until it was cleaned out? I can only dream of a day like that. 🤔

Nothing more sounded in the small gulf...Worst feeling was for my friend and older dive buddy... Nothing but coins for him...That day was just my day🫢

57 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

Those are the days we all dream about and keep coming back for!!!!! This was 2019 as well. Gotta love a multiple gold ring day!!!!!

It happened recently, but not at the same rate and with the same amount of rings.

I can affirm that two to three pieces shows up now in almost five hours of session, against barely two of the past ..So like half of the finds are spreaded somewhere still to be found...Or this is just what I hope 🫢

• Like 1

That is a Amazing day! And one that will always be. How we long to find another Honey hole...🏴‍☠️

I came across a spot like that in late June 2019, if I remember correct I collected about a hundred fifty gold rings from the spot in less than a year. June 30th to March 14th, 2020. 21.2 ounces of gold. At the time I seen what was coming and upgraded to a Go Pro and captured most on video, now I'm able to relive thru watching. Sad is, a storm came thru around March 13th and moved all, for a few months I was still digging a few gold but the multiple gold hunts were gone. July 2019 I dug 37 gold rings in 12 hunts. My best hunt was 8 gold rings in 5 hours, it would have been more if the tides were out longer. Crazy is, I go back to the same spot and Nothing, not even coins or trash. If I were to tell someone of the spot they would swear I was lying if they hunted it..

Question is, will it happen again? I get some home and family things taken care of I hope to be back on the trail of Gold.

First Pic  one of many multi gold hunts, but the best

Second Pic, the 37 gold rings of July 2019

Third Pic 2019 for the year

Forth Pic the lead for that July 2019

21c.jpg

OBN JULY 37.jpg

21  2019.jpg

329485_5.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

How we long to find another Honey hole.

Things changed a lot in the past few years, but the hope never dies.

There are days when I'm hardly realising hours after the session what happened and where.

More than the new "tool" I'm using now, I think the renewed thrill to find again some beauties underwater, its making the difference.

Aniway, I have no words Joe...Stunning pictures of a stunning beauty 🏴‍☠️

7 hours ago, Skull diver said:

Things changed a lot in the past few years, but the hope never dies.

There are days when I'm hardly realising hours after the session what happened and where.

More than the new "tool" I'm using now, I think the renewed thrill to find again some beauties underwater, its making the difference.

Same here, I've not been out much the last two years and friends of mine tell me how bad the conditions are kind of make me feel like I'm not missing anything. But your right, love the sight of it in my sifter and that is hard to give up.

3 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

You guys are making me feel like a total newb.

For me I walked into the right area out of the blue and realized this is going to be good after finding a few silver coins. I'm sure most would have done as well. Never cut yourself short, location is most of mission and I've been very Blessed 2015 to 2020 in having some great ones.. 

• Like 1