Redefining " Buried Treasure"

My hunting buddy, Gary, took a member of his family, who was visiting from Alabama and who just recently bought his first detector...an Equinox 800... to the Treasure Coast this past week. “What a bust!” as Gary told me.

They saw a number of huge dump trucks waiting in line along A1A for their turn to drive onto the beach. Gary stopped and talked with one of those many truck drivers. The driver told him they were under contract to re-nourish the beaches from Vero south. The contract called for a re-nourishment effort of dumping 5 feet of new sand on those Treasure Coast beaches!   😪

Bottom Line: This contract will certainly redefine the term “buried treasure” as Gary said.

• The title was changed to Redefining " Buried Treasure"

Yea, we get renourishment projects every few years here on the gulf coast also. Saw an interesting story on the news about how there used to not even be a beach at all years ago in some areas here on the central Florida gulf coast. They showed pictures of various landmarks and well known beach hang-outs with a seawall and water in the back where now it is a 50 yard wide beach due to the on going renourishment projects.

So, although it is a PIA to us detectorists for a while after each dose of sand, we need the beach. The areas I detect over here wouldn't be here now without renourishment programs. They use a dredge offshore and pipe sand up to the beach here rather than use dump trucks.