How Well Does The Equinox 15" Coil Perform?

Instead of starting a new thread about the 15" I thought I would just ask here.

I just got one of these coils brand new.  I was wondering if it was a fluke or by design...but the 15" does NOT work on the Nox 900 but works great on my 800.  I thought the only difference between the 800 and 900 were the shafts and a few minor software tweaks.  I guess there's something else too because I don't know why else the same coil would work on the 800 and not the 900.  Any of you guys ran into this?  This is the Minelab 15" and not the CoilTek.  

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2023 at 7:16 AM, Daniel Tn said:

I just got one of these coils brand new.  I was wondering if it was a fluke or by design...but the 15" does NOT work on the Nox 900 but works great on my 800.  I thought the only difference between the 800 and 900 were the shafts and a few minor software tweaks.  I guess there's something else too because I don't know why else the same coil would work on the 800 and not the 900.  Any of you guys ran into this?  This is the Minelab 15" and not the CoilTek.  

I've swapped the 12 X 15" Minelab coil to and from the 800 and 900 with no problem.....in the water and out.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:16 AM, Daniel Tn said:

When you say it doesn't work on EQ-900 but does on EQ-800, can you elaborate more please? No signal at all, to much EMI, coil error?

There isn't a coil error, it isn't erratic or anything like what you'd see with EMI.  It just don't work on the 900. Doesn't detect anything. I can unplug it and put it on the 800...and it works fine.  I can take the 6 and 11 inch coils and they work on the 900 too.  But for some reason the 15" is completely dead when it's plugged to the 900.  

• Sad 2

On 12/27/2023 at 6:08 AM, Daniel Tn said:

There isn't a coil error, it isn't erratic or anything like what you'd see with EMI.  It just don't work on the 900. Doesn't detect anything. I can unplug it and put it on the 800...and it works fine.  I can take the 6 and 11 inch coils and they work on the 900 too.  But for some reason the 15" is completely dead when it's plugged to the 900.  

Please contact your dealer as it seems there's an issue with the detector.  Make sure the dealer realizes Minelab Repairs just changed location and it's now at Minelab USA headquarters in Illinois. 

• Like 1