Custom Program

Rrnp

I never owned a Nox so I'm not sure about the user program you speak of.

With Manticore each of the 10 search modes is fully customizable. Once you change a setting in a particular search mode, it stays that way whenever you bring that mode up in the future.

There is seven different settings that you can change which affect how the detector performs in any of the 10 search modes, so it's very versatile.

12 hours ago, Rrnp said:

The Manticore doesn’t have a user program like the NOX, or am I missing something? It has only a favorite that is just a copy. 

Here's what the manual says on p. 59:

Screenshotat2023-02-27123342.png.5bddf6104a201301e08f40661ab2c33f.png

It does sound like this is different than on the Equinox 800.  For example, on the Eqx 800 I set up my User Profile a certain way (in my case starting out customizing Field 2, then pressing and holding the lower right hand side button to store in memory).  Either a short press of that button or simply a press of the mode button takes me out of the User Profile.  I can then, if I so choose, make changes to *the same* mode I just stored in user profile and that won't affect what's in the User Profile saved slot.  This can be nice if I want to investigate a target using a single mode (Field 2 in my case) with otherwise different settings (e.g. 5 tone vs. full tones, or two different recovery speeds, or different Iron Biases, or...)  I can also go into User Profile (by pressing the lower right side button for a short period) and adjust its settings without affecting my (non-User Profiled) mode setting.

The Manticore manual does make it appear that this extra nicety has been dropped from the Manticore.  You can assign the lower right side button to a particular mode but it's simply a shortcut to that mode, not a unique user setting separate from the regular mode.

Disappointing when something we get used to is taken away with an otherwise upgraded detector....  It's pretty likely (even if they'll never admit it) that ML, just like any company, knows quite well what the competition is offering.  Both the Nokta Legend and the XP Deus 2 have considerable User Storage slots yet ML Eqx 800 had only one and now the Manticore has zero.   😞