Legend For Me

Now that I have my new Legend and still waiting for spring to show up for some serious field time.  I have the Legend Pro package and was amazed on a full-blown accessories package.  One of the best bangs for your Buck!

I see the legend is getting a face lift and nice to know they finally figured out the LG30 as it will be the stock coil and making some changes and upgrades.  The round 11" coil is well built but is a boat anchor. The Legend is a Beast and very impressed with its performance and trimming off some weight will be nice.

I like to point out a few quirks. Which Nokta could be improved on.  The 6-inch coil is great hunter for trashy areas, but the shaft bracket is located at the rear of coil and makes the coil awkward. the angle while setting down to dig has a tendency to roll if on uneven ground. And search angle position is always making adjustment to level it out. If centered bracket, it would be much more friendly user without constant adjustments. 

It's great that Nokta offers a wide selection of coils and one size they don't offer for the LEGEND is the 8.5" DD: but available for the Simplex!  Yes, it round and overall, it is one size that still has advantages in moderate trash and has the punch on deeper targets.  I am wishing that Nokta would consider making this coil for Legend.  Ya another tool but is one size that would have it place in my arsenal and all those diehards.

I would like to say; THANK YOU to Andy Sabisch for his Legend Handbook. Well done, Andy. And great to see Nokta is not setting idol and moving forward and constantly improving and making changes were needed.

Best in Hunting

ALLAN CANNON

On 3/8/2023 at 6:09 PM, tucannon said:

one size they don't offer for the LEGEND is the 8.5" DD: but available for the Simplex!

True but you have the 9x6 inch coil 😉 and that one works very well for what you describe as necessary.

One thing Nokta could improve on, is to offer different configurations for the legend. A bit like xp does for the ORX and Deus 1. Imagine that you would be able to choose what coil should by default be delivered with your Legend.