How I Cloned My D2 & Now Have Two D2s!

Okay guys, not sure who else has done this but i wanted to share my story of how i used my noggin to take one deus 2 and turn it into 2 machines for super cheap.

Okay, so i purchased my d2 for a great price thanks to rob with robs detectors ($1100 for a machine that was used one). Since i got the one w the 9" coil i also purchased the 11x13 coil ($311). I then purchased bone conduction headphones from a member here ($50) and purchased an audio adapter that allows you to plug headphones into the puck ($12). Now a second shaft ($100-$200) depending on maker.

Attach ws6 puck adapter to ws6 puck, plug any 3mm headphones into headphone jack on adapter. Pair ws6 to 9" coil. This is setup  #1.

Attach bone conductor headphones to large d2 controller. Put controller on new shaft. Pair main controller to 11x13 coil. This is setup #2.

Tested this out and the two machines work independent of one another. So... for a total of a little under $500 you can run 2 machines. A second high end machine for under $500, yes please. This is really cool if youre like me and had already purchased the 11x13, carbon fiber shaft, and bone conduction headphones for personal use. In my case i made ZERO INVESTMENT for this second machine but now can invite a friend to join me.

This setup is also great if you are trying to extend out battery life if you forgot to charge up or dont have a battery charger as a backup. Anyone else try this setup to invite a friend yet?  I dub this setup the manticore killer since you'll never get this kind of flexibility out of the Manticore.

Yep, did that months ago, created a WS6 Master rig with the original Deus shaft, and put the remote on SteveG's fabulous CF Deus 2 shaft. 😀 Got the 13" and remote on the CF, and the 9" on the original. Even made it so I can dunk the 9" up to a few inches below the puck holder with a piece of coax. 👍 

I have 2 pairs of WSA II headphones, one for each. I'll use the bone phones with the remote occasionally.

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yep, did that months ago, created a WS6 Master rig with the original Deus shaft, and put the remote on SteveG's fabulous CF Deus 2 shaft. 😀 Got the 13" and remote on the CF, and the 9" on the original. Even made it so I can dunk the 9" up to a few inches below the puck holder with a piece of coax. 👍 

I have 2 pairs of WSA II headphones, one for each. I'll use the bone phones with the remote occasionally.

I've done almost exactly the same but with an extra XP lite shaft instead.