Do You Want To Go Gold Detecting In The Tucson Area?

Az_Ed

I'm keen on metal detecting for nuggets and specimens in the southern Arizona area.  I'd like to find another who wants to detect in some of the more remote areas.  I like to hike into areas that are not so easily accessed and search mine dumps and areas of known gold.  I also reconnoiter other remote areas that may have quartz or mineralization.   If you are interested and capable of day trips that include 3 or 4 miles of hiking over hillsides cross-country please PM me.  I'm retired so trips are often during the week when traffic is reduced.  Weekends are also possible.  I have a Jeep that can access most roads except the roughest.  Summer outings start before dawn and shut-down at about 95 degrees.  Send me a private message if interested and we'll discuss possible field trips.  Az_Ed,  Tucson

Wishing you luck on your adventures and wish I could go, but with work there is no way to do it.

Good luck and good hunting.

• 11 months later...

Hello Ed. I'm new to detecting and was looking for some good places away from the public to swing this garrett 400 coil. Not the best but one has to start somewhere. Im definitely good for hiking and can handle hikes of a few miles for a good spot. I live on thornydale and linda vista area. If your interested in a trip here or there let me know. Thx -Brett  sunwestelec@gmail.com 

Hello BirdDog,

I received your message and have emailed back.  Call me on the phone.  Lately I have been detecting in the Santa Rita and Santa Catalina mountains areas.  Thar's gold in them thar hills!