Can't Get The Control Box To Update

Drakej

Asking for help here - I can't get the Deus 2 control box to update (had no issues with the headphones). When I get to Confirm Update on the menu and hit the top left button (with the "Yes" right above it) it just bounces me back out to the settings/update screen. It's as if I pressed "No" on the update screen instead. It is registering the button push because it makes an audible sound, but whether I press "yes" or "no" buttons it always bounces me back to the prior screen. It wont advance to the next screen which is supposed to say "Updating" before I connect it to my laptop.

Now I have an updated headset incompatible with the control box. Please help!

59 minutes ago, Drakej said:

I figured it out - for some reason if I had the WS6 on as well, it allowed the control box to progress to update. Go figure... not intuitive at all.

That’s a new one. Glad you got it updated. 

I read somewhere to make sure the WS devices are not on or paired during updates, but I don't think I even did that during this last update. Maybe the WS6 is supposed to be on. I did the remote first and then the WS6 and then WSA-II and it went ok. Now that I think about it, the WS6 wasn't paired to the remote so it wasn't on when I updated the remote, but the WSA-II was paired to it and they turned on when I turned the remote on to update, weird.

Well glad you got it to work. Maybe we're supposed to update the remote first and then the rest.