Headphones Frozen?

Anyone heard of this problem (and hopefully a solution)?

Turned on my Legend headphones to use with my laptop. I usually get two voice confirmations, "Connecting" "Connecting" (probably because it connects with both my laptop and phone).
Just now, I only got one "Connecting" prompt (which was my phone), and it wouldn't connect to the laptop. Figured I'd switch it off and on again, but then it won't turn off (green light stays on)....but still no sound.  Now neither the phone nor laptop can find it...says it's not on, even though the green light shows.  Any idea if there's a way to do a hard reset? Headphones busted?

PXL_20230712_153556304.jpg

When I change headphones / earbuds / bluetooth devices, I often have to manually connect the first time, because the device keeps trying to pair to the last known paired device. 

Have you tried this:

Go into Settings>Bluetooth and other Devices. Click on the headphones if you see them, then click Connect. If it connects, click in the sound icon at the bottom left near the time, and choose the headphones from the audio device list.

5 hours ago, CTidwell said:

Anyone heard of this problem (and hopefully a solution)?

Turned on my Legend headphones to use with my laptop. I usually get two voice confirmations, "Connecting" "Connecting" (probably because it connects with both my laptop and phone).
Just now, I only got one "Connecting" prompt (which was my phone), and it wouldn't connect to the laptop. Figured I'd switch it off and on again, but then it won't turn off (green light stays on)....but still no sound.  Now neither the phone nor laptop can find it...says it's not on, even though the green light shows.  Any idea if there's a way to do a hard reset? Headphones busted?

PXL_20230712_153556304.jpg

Try holding the mode button and volume + simultaneously for 3 seconds.  That's supposed to reset all paired devices per the Nokta Legend Wireless Headphone User Manual.

The other thing you can try is holding the on/off switch in either position for greater than 10 seconds.

First, I want to say thanks for the help and ideas.

It's not a pairing problem at this point.  The headphones are frozen in an "On", but undiscoverable condition.  I've been using them with my laptop exclusively for a few months now, but this suddenly happened last night.
Cleared the headphones out of both computer and phone Paired Devices list, but now neither my phone or computer 'sees' them in the Pair New Device list.

Switching them On or Off does nothing.  Won't even turn them Off.  Light just stays on.  It's been on since about an hour before my original post.
I've tried holding both volume buttons for up to 30 seconds with no results.  Also tried both volume + the Mode button (all three simultaneously) for the same amount of time but with no results.

Frustrating and baffling

You didn’t say if you did just the volume up plus mode button combo (not both volume buttons). I know it’s just for clearing pairing memory but who knows, I was also thinking it would reset and reboot the phones.  At this point you will probably just have to let the battery die and see if it reboots.  On my Sony’s if I plug them into the charger, they are de-energized but they only have a momentary push button to turn on or turn off not a physical positional on-off switch like the Legend phones.  Maybe momentarily plugging them in to the charger will wake them up.  In any event. Good luck.

11 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

You didn’t say if you did just the volume up plus mode button combo (not both volume buttons). I know it’s just for clearing pairing memory but who knows, I was also thinking it would reset and reboot the phones.  At this point you will probably just have to let the battery die and see if it reboots.  On my Sony’s if I plug them into the charger, they are de-energized but they only have a momentary push button to turn on or turn off not a physical positional on-off switch like the Legend phones.  Maybe momentarily plugging them in to the charger will wake them up.  In any event. Good luck.

I'll give it a shot.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate the ideas.

I was thinking that too about maybe it would reset when the battery finally dies.  Thing is these headphnes last FOREVER on a single charge!  hahaha

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE:
I've been in contact with Nokta directly since there is no service center in my country (Japan). They asked I send them a video showing the problem and my warranty number.  That's it.  No long questionnaire or doubting my issue wasn't caused by me somehow.
End result, they are sending me a new pair of headphones. Entire process was very easy and my customer service rep Ceylan Önlek was super understanding and kind.
What a great customer service experience.

About 10 min ago, the new headphones (and bag) arrived! So fast!! Super super impressed with Nokta customer service. Really surprised how fast they got me a new pair of headphones!

PXL_20230805_040513120.jpg

• 2 weeks later...