Minelab Manticore Journey

I have used the Manticore since it hit the market. Heard a lot of complaints about it, winging about the headphone, the complexity, all in one no one had it.

When I got it, I was overwhelmed by the apparent complexity, BUT after a couple of trips I started to experiment with the settings, a wealth of settings, you can change practically everything.

So, because I live in Bunbury and I have detected most of the places available for years I decided to specialize in finding what the others haven't.

It is incredible how much I am finding all over the place, now I started something new, try to detect only specific targets using only a single frequency, so if someone has tried it

please share your experiences.

Single freq? I still in the learning curve of multi freq stuff 😁

2 hours ago, WoWoguru said:

When I got it, I was overwhelmed by the apparent complexity, BUT after a couple of trips I started to experiment with the settings, a wealth of settings, you can change practically everything.

same here too.. now i can run the manticore smooth like butter on the beach and very satisfied with it.. but on relic side its another story.. still learning tho...

3 hours ago, WoWoguru said:

So, because I live in Bunbury and I have detected most of the places available for years I decided to specialize in finding what the others haven't.

It is incredible how much I am finding all over the place

So are you saying Manticore is hitting targets that have been missed by other detectors? These are well hunted popular spots?

3 hours ago, WoWoguru said:

I have used the Manticore since it hit the market. Heard a lot of complaints about it, winging about the headphone, the complexity, all in one no one had it.

It is incredible how much I am finding all over the place, now I started something new, try to detect only specific targets using only a single frequency, so if someone has tried it

please share your experiences.

Can you elaborate on how you are setting up your detector to only detect specific targets?

On 7/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, TampaBayBrad said:

So are you saying Manticore is hitting targets that have been missed by other detectors? These are well hunted popular spots?

Yes, just discriminate leaving only the target you want eg $2 and $1 coins and when you detect play with the different frequencies until you find one you find to your liking.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, TampaBayBrad said:

I try to go to the old places which have been "trashed" by other detectorists.

I like to go over those old spots, of course, there is a lot of trash, but most of my finds are around the 25 to 30cms and over some time,  most of the time they are very small coins,5c, 10c, 1c, 2c, 2p, 6p, some pennies and other decimals, usually the target sounds are faint and iffy, but I am used to it now and really enjoy finding them.