Upgraded Cf Mid-shaft - Wobbly/creaky?

Hey there, for anyone who has had a chance to compare the original aluminum (I think?) mid-shaft for the Legend with the upgraded carbon fiber version, have you noticed anything different?

There's a [very] small reduction in weight for the CF version, but not enough for me to notice. What I have found, however, is that the CF version is a tad wobbly, and makes a bit of a creaking sound while swinging. Not a deal-breaker by any means -- more like a minor annoyance.

I tried adjusting the length of both the lower and mid-shafts multiple times, and without making the overall length far too short for my swing, I experienced the same slight wobble/creaking. Switching back to the original stock mid-shaft solved the issue entirely.

8 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

but does the old mid shaft have a rubber cap on either of the ends that the new CF mid shaft doesn't have?

Nope, no rubber cap on either version of the mid-shaft...at least not the ones I have.

I see what you're saying though, about how the lower shaft has a rubber cap on its top end and how that might add some stability.

FWIW, I received the LG30 and shaft upgrade yesterday, and had it out for a few hours today.  No wobble or creaks... Feels very solid, just like the aluminum shaft.  Hate to be Captain Obvious, but I noticed the shaft end of the locking lever appears to have a rubber end which contacts/grips the shaft.  Any chance yours is missing?