XP Deus 2 Et Waves Eletromagnetic?

phoebus

xp deus 2 and waves? Hello everyone, I am French and I come to your forum which I find very good. I have a question that no French can answer. I would like to buy the deus 2 but I am very sensitive to waves. is the deus 2 safe? wifi wave? Bluetooth? Thank you so much

7 hours ago, phoebus said:

xp deus 2 and waves? Hello everyone, I am French and I come to your forum which I find very good. I have a question that no French can answer. I would like to buy the deus 2 but I am very sensitive to waves. is the deus 2 safe? wifi wave? Bluetooth? Thank you so much

Welcome to the forum! I have a Deus 2.

Not sure why you would be sensitive to waves but I have a pacemaker and have had no problems. It is my second one and the first was not affected either.

If you have a heart or other electronic implant you should consult your physician, but they will probably not know for sure.

In general most new electronic implants have to be designed to shield against cell phones, the Deus 2 isn't more powerful than that. 🤔

Don't detect your implant! 😀 Keep your coil to the soil.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, phoebus said:

Bonjour merci monsieur,mais je ne parlais pas d'implant mais d'onde wifi ?

"Hello thank you sir, but I was not talking about implant but wifi wave?"

The Deus 2 coil would be the strongest signal, and requires a waveguide to transmit through water. Unless you cannot use a cell phone or computer for medical reasons, I would not worry about the Deus 2. 🙂

• Like 1

Nearly all modern detectors (Minelab/Nokta/XP) emit radio frequency electromagnetic waves in two wavebands (~2.4MHz frequencies - so called wifi - to communicate with headphones etc.; and VLF waveband frequencies of about 4kHz-120kHz to detect underground objects).

All machines require FCC certification (or an equivalent, for a given jurisdiction) that all electromagnetic emission levels are within limits which are deemed safe, and which are shown not to interfere with nearby electronic equipment (that may be safety critical).  They are also required not to unduly malfunction when subject to electromagnetic waves from other sources - so-called ElectroMagnetic Compatibility EMC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_compatibility

A metal detector like the Deus 2 or Manticore will not create more radiation at wifi frequencies than a cellphone (actually, probably less). All VLF detectors transmit similar amounts of electromagnetic energy at VLF frequencies - only you can decide if this is a problem for you.

• Like 4

Merci beaucoup pour toutes ces informations 👍.Ce n'est pas sans danger car qui dit wifi ? Et le téléphone on ne le garde pas en main plusieurs heures .Après minelab ou nokta reste en filaire moins de risque?

32 minutes ago, phoebus said:

Merci beaucoup pour toutes ces informations 👍.Ce n'est pas sans danger car qui dit wifi ? Et le téléphone on ne le garde pas en main plusieurs heures .Après minelab ou nokta reste en filaire moins de risque?

My phone is in my pocket most days - I don't plan on having any more children though...😁

I think that the wired connection to the search coil makes little difference to any risk - the nokta/minelab machines are using the same wifi mechanism to communicate with (wireless) headphones, pinpointers etc.

Also - as those who experience interference will readily testify - we are subject to other people's wifi signals almost anywhere we go these days.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:18 PM, phoebus said:

Oui nokta on peu désactiver le bluetooth.Et oui on est envahi par la wifi de tout le monde malheureusement.J'hesitai justement entre le LEGEND et le deus 2 ,par rapport seulement au ondes .

If you want the most for your money the Deus 2 is by far the best choice. And you're supporting your country's workers 😀

• Like 2