I have a question, I have bought bags of paydirt from various companies plus I live in Florida so going prospecting here is out of the question.... My question is  the more a bag of paydirt costs is there more gold in it than the less expensive bags???

37 minutes ago, Tanglefoot said:

I have a question, I have bought bags of paydirt from various companies plus I live in Florida so going prospecting here is out of the question.... My question is  the more a bag of paydirt costs is there more gold in it than the less expensive bags???

From reputable sellers that's the way it usually works, most good sellers will guarantee a minimum amount of gold in their different "size" bags, i.e. 1 Lb. bag with a minimum of 1 gram of gold, a 2 Lb. bag with a minimum of 2 grams of gold, etc., etc., they can do this because they add that amount of gold to the bags to be sure you get what they advertise, with some sellers the dirt they add gold too has a bit of gold already in the dirt so sometimes you get even more than what they guarantee, and some just add gold to dirt that has no gold.

Then you have some sellers that don't guarantee a certain amount of gold because the dirt comes from their mining claims and they know it has gold in the dirt, so with these sellers you may not get a lot of gold in one bag but get way more than your money's worth in the next bag, so it's truly the luck of the draw.

That being said until you find a good seller you're happy with it is either you get what you pay for or it's the luck of the draw....or you get ripped off.

Just keep in mind all of the sellers are in it to make money so you almost always will not get more than your money's worth.