After Labor Day Hunt, Sandy Point State Park

On 9/7/2023 at 11:06 AM, rvpopeye said:

JOEBOBN

The Excal πŸ––might be dated but it sure has gotten the job done for you , full of good ju ju , tried and true.

A little luck mixed in too , you lucky son of the beach..🌴.

A little storm action will stir things up on the bottom with a deposit from Davey Jones' !Β 

Β 

Thanks Joe! I have been very Blessed to have the right spots for the excalibur.

On 9/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Way to go, Joe, you got the gold! Well done!

Thank You!

23 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Joe,

It is nice to see that you do sometimes detect like the rest of us mortals.Β  LOLΒ  I know you were out of your element but someone left the gold for you, so might as well dig it out of the softer sand.Β  Hee hee

Cuniagau

Β 

Thanks Buddy! It is very strange doing fresh drops, everything one or two scoops. And got me change I could clean and spend..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Probably saw you out there Tuesday, Joe.Β  I had a similar hunt, found a lot of clad over by the north turn and only junk earrings...and plenty of fishing tackle.

Congrats on the gold.

Thank you! Wish I knew you were going I would have walked around some..

I got there at 7am..unloaded and walked straight up to the north beach, hunted til about 10:30 and left.Β  Seen a few dry sanders during, than leaving I seen Rodney and a friend hunting the next beach down. Than I noticed someone hunting one of the smaller beaches on the shoreline, one before you get to the small parking lot. . Could have been you?.. I figured my best chance at finding anything was at the northern beach since everyone hunts the bigger, and being they are only allowed 2 or 3 hours a day ..it had to be more targets.Β 

A friend and I several years ago, 2016, did very well at that northern beach, most was older stuff from the 60s? So I;ve always kept a eye on that spot and liked to see if anything has opened... All tuesday am was new..Β 

• Like 1