For Equinox 900 Water Hunters

Airtemisa

Hi  EQX900 water hunter users,

Would like to know about the real resistance  of the EQX900 against water, so i made a form questions to make it easier (you can do copy-paste):

1.- How often do you submerge de EQX900?

2.- For how long have you submerged it?

3.- How deep? Diving?

4.- Fresh water or salt water?

5.- Have you noticed any issues with the water?

6.- Do you think is really waterproof, fixing the EQX800 problems?

7.- Do you belive/feel that it will last roughly?

9.- Your aditional comments:

Thanks! 

I have used my 700 in fresh water, but only for wading so far. No issues with water intrusion. I bought the 700 for water hunting because I do not wish to submerge my Manticore. So far I am happy with the 700. ID accuracy is not as good as the 800 was, but this is not a big deal for me because I dig all non-ferrous anyway. In mineralized areas, 98-99 falses can be a pain, but these can be notched out or ignored once you identify what they are. Dp tones is nice if a little more depth is needed.

2 hours ago, BigSkyGuy said:

I have used my 700 in fresh water, but only for wading so far. No issues with water intrusion. I bought the 700 for water hunting because I do not wish to submerge my Manticore. So far I am happy with the 700. ID accuracy is not as good as the 800 was, but this is not a big deal for me because I dig all non-ferrous anyway. In mineralized areas, 98-99 falses can be a pain, but these can be notched out or ignored once you identify what they are. Dp tones is nice if a little more depth is needed.

Thanks for your comments BigSkyGuy! I own a good EQX800 and going for a 900... So I'm a bit in doubt with the water, but seems everybody is OK with water....