Local (i Use That Term 'loosely') Clubs Having Fall Outings To The El Paso's

The Oc49ers, Taft and another of my clubs..the Antelope Valley Treasure Club are all having outings in October..just in time for cooler weather..hopefully! You should be able to look all of them up online...Even Pat Keene has a group about that time of year. I have already invited some people out to Rocky Road as my guests like I did last year. RR is on the North side of the El Paso's (Burro Schmidt tunnel side). my club..one of 3 has a 160 acre claim on that side by the 'old post office'. This area has been prospected since BEFORE the turn of the century so you are detecting/dry washing tailings essentially. But we still to this day find gold...the earliest miners were not efficient at all and later prospectors of course missed gold and were not that efficient either.

There is still a lot of time to contact these clubs ...they are always looking for new members. They may or may not want you to join before prospecting on their claims...they will let you know. If you are interested in coming to the AV Chili Cookout and campout PM me and I can give you detailed directions etc. This outing is on Oct 13,14 &15 and is just what it sounds like a chili competition and then dinner with everyone either cooking chili or bringing a food dish or both. 

If you decide to come to this area then or on your own later I advise stopping at the BLM office at the junction of the 14 fwy and Garlock Rd to get a trail map for only a few $...they are very helpful and have lots of "must see" points of interest such as the Burro Schmidt (sp?) tunnel, the Talcum mines, Bickel Camp, petroglyphs, the Rock House, the old post office etc.etc.

Both nuggets found near a OC49er claim in Garlock side of El Paso's

IMG_0797.JPG

DSCN0328.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

The Redrock Randsburg Road is closed at highway 14 and at the other end at US395.  The Redrock Randsburg Road where it turns east at Garlock Road is closed as well.  Randsburg is still accessible from US395.....

The eastbound side of Redrock Randsburg Road is washed out for about a hundred feet or so just after you turn off of 14.....

Safe travels!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1