So Far V2 On The D2 Remote Is Fine!

F350Platinum

24 minutes ago, MineBlab said:

So there are no disadvantages to Ver 2.00. Are there any advantages? 

To me, lots. @Jeff McClendon has reported better gold detection, and I'm finding V2 to be far more stable overall. Since all my testing of the Deus 2 is in the field and I am not an engineer, all I can do is report on the "feel" of the improved firmware and the options.

There seem to have been changes in ID regarding copper and zinc/copper metals such as US 1 cent coins. Zinc/copper or "Zincolns" now produce IDs lower than more pure copper coins.

I think separation has been improved, but that is based on my part of the world. I've gone to places previously searched and found as many targets as before, in two cases I set a new record for coin finds even though I dug many in the past.

I'm just about to get out to the farms, it's been campgrounds and beaches all summer. Watch my future posts...

The WS-6 had a problem since V1, the pinpoint function didn't work at all. A newer update specifically for it fixes this problem.

About the only thing I am concerned with is that the pinpoint volume on both the D2 remote and WS-6 seems to have been lowered, and there is no way to adjust it. I don't use it much but that is the only thing that stands out so far as a drawback to V2.

I would say V2 is definitely an advantageous update. 👍

• Like 6

I agree with @F350Platinum, V1.1 was hot on the remote and V2.0 feels more fine tuned. Since updating I have made some amazing finds in heavy iron littered sights. It just may be coincidence, but I definitely feel like the audio and VID are even more accurate. 

I actually haven't used the WS6, which I keep as a back-up to the remote, but I updated it to 2.0-Special to fix the pinpoint thing. I actually don't mind the lower pinpoint audio because I always wear headphones or earbuds and it was blaringly loud before V2.0. I really only use the pinpoint function to sometimes size targets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1