Suprise Finish

Cool finds, JCR, well done! It looks like the Versa is doing a great job. That tag resembles miner's tags we find in Colorado, but ours have a round hole. With the initials J. E. and the superimposed JE between them, it could also be a baggage tag.

• Like 3

No mining around here per se. The markings actually remind me of stock marks/brands. Brands & stock marks are registered with the County Clerk. I may check their book someday.

• Like 1

JCR,

I would guess the tag is a tool check. What are your initial thoughts on the Versa? Thanks!

That certainly is a thought on the tag. Hard to say given where it was found.

On the Versa, so far I am pleased with it's abilities on my more difficult sites. Running the introductory software V1.71, it is equal to my Legend running the latest V1.11 as a general purpose machine. The unique features like Dual modes & Multifilter are the potential game changers for me and the reason I bought it. I have seen some evidence of benefit from the Multifilter, the Dual modes need some added adjustment features. Rutus is testing upgrades currently. The EMI Preview screen is unique & very useful. I do not feel I am at much of a disadvantage if I need to go to a single frequency to avoid EMI as I can keep the sensitivity up. The Versa runs extremely smooth in iron trash with excellent separation & unmasking, even in single frequency. It is able to handle my high mineral ground very well also.

I am hoping the new software update will be a significant leap forward in performance. This should put the Versa at the head of the class for me & my sites. We will see. I am glad to have it. So far it has performed well and has been a lot of fun to learn & use.

• Like 3