Lower Ferrous Limits And Clad

KDX

It was fairly warm in the back yard and I had a bit of time so I took my detector out and started messing around with some settings in my test garden. In ATG I started upping the lower ferrous limit and the clad coins seemed to be more easily recognizable. By that I mean a consistent elongated oval on the top of the ferrous limit and more consistent numbers in the ID. The nickles and dimes are the worse for identifying, but the quarters and $1 and $2 coins are looking much better. The funny thing is that it also seems to effect the penny and silver dime ID that I have buried. Not that it's out of whack, but the dot on the ferrous line changes a bit. The penny and dime now smudge a bit on the ferrous line. The silver dime wouldn't stick to a magnet, but I'm not sure of the silver percentage in that coin. In hind sight, I should have written down the dates on the coins before I buried them.

• 3 weeks later...

For parks I run ATG (messing around with AThc lately) I am running lower -10, upper at 8

I'll check to see how much it ovals out the centerline today sometime vs. opening up those limits

Felt insanely too 'tight' first couple of times out, but... new park gets a high speed sweep just to see if its been hit before..... don't mind hitting places heavily hit, but not with these settings- then I can make time to go back and do a proper grid/slow sweep

All my 'wanted' test items (no way I'd run this even on a 50 year old homestead) with just a couple exceptions, some euro token, a newer fenig coin, two pieces of costume jewelry from the 50's didn't "tone off" but...BUT I'm able to run my sensitivity in those same parks I used to use 20 now easily at 25,  28........soooooooo, If my overlap isn't perfect, it still chirps when I pass close or swing too fast

I don't run any discrimination...and I'd love to, especially 30-32... (you should see my collection of pull tabs-got a real nice rectangular one with ornate on it last week) but I have a gold earring, and a gold ring that both ping 30, solid...every. time.