New French Detectorist

Etienne

Hello everyone ! I'm Etienne, a young french detectorist ! I started to be passionate about it when I was looking for gold in Australia and then I came back to France to continue that passion 😄

I'm also studying in engineering and I have been working in the evenings alongside my studies for 2 years on a little free amateur metal detecting game!

Google validated my game yesterday and I'm here to present the game to you!

It's called Archeo, the principle is simple, it simply involves moving on a map with your detector and once above an object, a digging window opens. As with a scratch ticket, you scratch the earth until you discover the buried object!

There is also the possibility of upgrading your equipment to find rarer items.

I try to put as many objects as possible in the database, and above all, ultimately, the goal is to create a database by country and allow the player to choose the country in which he will detect. (I might ask you later to send me pictures of your best items to add them in the database )

Much later, I plan to set up a museum system to display our finds !

If you want to test the game, here is the link :  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SlympGames.Archeo

I would also like your feedback so that I can improve the game! Or share it if you like it !
We also have a Discord server to talk about the game : https://discord.gg/QEZgr7VbKp

Thank you !

prensentation.png

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone ! Any feedback on my game? New update in the next days (when Google will validate it), new items and you'll be able to see how many objects you found and the number of the total objects in the database, to motivate you to search more and more !

Hi Etienne and welcome to the forum. I'm just speculating here as to why no one has responded to your request for feedback on your game. Perhaps a lot of the members here are older like myself and gaming was/is not as popular with our generation? The members of this group seem to be more serious about treasure hunting than other forums (one reason I'm here). You might want to also explore some other forums or Facebook groups? Good luck! 

I just watched the trailer and it looks like a well-designed game but, again, targeted for a younger base? It seems centered around historical finds but I didn't dig too deep - many members here are into prospecting for natural gold and some even look for meteorites. That might be a nice add to the game if it isn't already a feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your feedback Compass !

Indeed for now it's about old objects only and not gold nuggets, but maybe later we plan to add new countries and when it will come Australia or USA you'll be able to find gold nuggets 😉

But you're right about the generation, but maybe that people here would love to show the game to their children / grand-children 😛

Etienne

In another week my oldest son and his family will be running around Paris for Christmas. They had been there earlier this year and his wife wanted to go back again. He told me that he wanted a warm beach somewhere but that’s not the case with his wife.

Best to you!

Chuck 

On 12/14/2023 at 1:01 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Etienne

In another week my oldest son and his family will be running around Paris for Christmas. They had been there earlier this year and his wife wanted to go back again. He told me that he wanted a warm beach somewhere but that’s not the case with his wife.

Best to you!

Chuck 

A warm beach around Paris that will be hard to find, but you can find nice beaches in the south, for example, Marseille and its calanques ( https://www.marseilletourisme.fr/en/places-see/calanques/calanque-en-vau/ )

• 5 weeks later...