My New Legend May Have Found A First For Me After 45 Years

I want you guys to give me your opinion on this here's a couple of pictures I found this at the beach in the wet sand ringing up as iron on the legend. When I picked it up it looked like the size of a penny so I threw it in my pouch and saved it till I got home I cleaned it up and they're silver coloring on the coin , I thought well maybe it's silver and it's just really destroyed from the saltwater.  But then I stuff a magnet to it and it stuck The only other thing that I can think of it being is the 1943 steel penny. I have a few of them so I compared the size and what's left of it looks just like it but why would it be silver in color after the saltwater got a hold of it for however long it looks like it's been in the water for a long time it's got holes through it. I know they're silver and color when they're used and uncirculated but I've heard of people finding them in the ground and it was just nothing but a clot of rust and they thought it might have been a steel penny. What's your thoughts thanks    edit my steel pennies do not have reeded edges.  Now I don't know.  Lol

20231216_153732.jpg

20231216_153605.jpg

20231216_153630.jpg

• Like 6

Did some digging for ya, and the only reeded steel coin I can find is the 20 Centesimi coin from Italy. It's a little bigger than a penny, 22mm.89106b.thumb.jpg.b95052fa6754c7f2efe1a5fe7dba860c.jpg

• Like 3