Garrett Atx Issues (fixed!)

Here are a couple short videos I made before I send it in to Garrett for repair.  The atx was ground balanced  and frequency scanned. Sensitivity is maxed. Running smooth over unobstructed ground. In the videos you will see how knock sensitive it is.  Please don't tell me this is normal for the atx. I am 100% new to pi machines, and this is the only one I've ever been around.

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Assuming it is properly tuned and assuming there are no targets in the ground that would not be normal.

Did the frequency scan 20 ft from that spot, and ground balanced it within 5 ft of that spot. Checked it for targets before ground balance.    The strange thing is, when the machine is initially fired up and ground balanced, its not that knock sensitive,  but after 5 minutes or so it gets that way.  

• The title was changed to Garrett Atx Issues (fixed!)

I got the atx back from repair today. My initial test is very positive.  It now is a very usable machine. It will now see my .1 gram test nugget. The knock sensitivity is near eliminated, and it doesn't continue to go haywire ten minutes after a bump.  Either Garrett knows what they are doing, or the fedex driver hit enough bumps to knock some sense into my atx. Either way, I'm very happy with the results.   So if anyone has an atx that is so noisy that it's near impossible to use, I highly suggest having Garrett take a look at it before giving up. 

• Like 1