Garrett Atx, Broken Black Plastic Tensioning Shim/plate In The Shaft

Good day everyone, firstly, I thank you for admitting me in your forum.

I purchased the Garrett ATX and moved to France, this machine is super precise in detecting relics which forgives its massive weight after five or six hours of operation!

Lately I discovered some difficulty in fully retracing the rods at the end of my search, and it looks that some of the black plastic tensioning shim/plate is broken between the shaft and the rods assembly. Did anyone encounter similar failure/issue? And can I still use the machine as is?

I searched the web for spare parts but I couldn’t find anything. Please help, thank you 

The only issue I've had retracting the shaft all the way seems to be the cable needs to be twisted more to fit inside the shaft better. 

You are right, this might be the cause but pieces of the plastic shim is falling and the rod close to the coil can go out fully when unfolded. I just hope that Garrett can have such spare parts. Thanks though 

I had the same issue (rod not fully retracting) since I started to interchange the stock coil  with the 20” deepseeker.
I agree that twisting a bit more the cable will help to better close the shaft. 
You say the black shim is broken? Because it’s supposed to be loose from the rod… About the rod coming out, it only happened to me one time (before I started interchanging coils). If I remember correctly it happened because the rod was not unfolding and I twisted it and pulled it very strongly. Not a smart move when dealing with plastic … Then I did the cleaning with lots of running water and it never happened again  🙂 

Anyway if you get in direct contact with Garrett with your questions for sure they will help with suggestions. 
Happy Huntings!