Xp Pinpointer Mi4/mi6 Sensitivity And Settings

gopher

Anyone notice the crazy difference in depth (on air tests) between the pitch and pulse modes

The pitch modes has a lot further range, where as the pulse mode I need to almost be touching the pointer

I just got a mi6 to use with my deus, I have only used the mi4 before, I just saw a video released by Gary in the last 24 hours about the mi6, he mentions settings you can only access with a deus, like research mode, but he didn't elaborate

What is research mode?? And are any other deus only settings really useful?

3 hours ago, gopher said:

Anyone notice the crazy difference in depth (on air tests) between the pitch and pulse modes

The pitch modes has a lot further range, where as the pulse mode I need to almost be touching the pointer

I just got a mi6 to use with my deus, I have only used the mi4 before, I just saw a video released by Gary in the last 24 hours about the mi6, he mentions settings you can only access with a deus, like research mode, but he didn't elaborate

What is research mode?? And are any other deus only settings really useful?

I've not noticed a depth difference between pitch and pulse, but I use pitch exclusively. I do know that people miss out big time when not connecting the MI-6 to the Deus 2 RC and headphones, the RC really adds extra reach. Again I'm not sure if you can crank it that high using the button.

I always run the MI-6 at 50 sensitivity, I don't find the tones annoying. Maybe that accounts for your observations?

From what I've seen, "Research mode" is a function of the Deus 1 (which I don't have) to locate your pinpointer should you lose it. Guess the lanyard they ship the MI-6 with is probably a better idea. 🤔

• Like 1

No difference in depth noticeable between the audio modes on my Mi6. Pulse acts a little bit strange on edge of detection range. It’s not so pronounced with pitch, maybe due to the low tone - that‘s why I use pitch.

I use a paracord as lanyard attached to the pouch for some years - works better for me, than those coiled ones.

IMG_3784.thumb.jpeg.5d4453719fbceae0a1052e54b24c0aab.jpeg

• Like 1