A Little Beach Gold To Start The Winter Season

Compass

Good hunt. I'm hitting some not-so-busy beaches because it seems as though the competition has cleaned up the hot busy spots by now with very few new beach goers to replenish this time of the year.

The scorpion looks like it was ripped off of someone's chain the way the loop is broke clean through. Interesting link pattern on the chain you found. Good work!

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice finds and glad that you are cleaning up the beach as you hunt.

Good luck on your next outing and Merry Christmas.

Thanks VL, Just trying to do my best to save the planet from gold contamination. 😄 Merry Christmas!

3 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Good hunt. I'm hitting some not-so-busy beaches because it seems as though the competition has cleaned up the hot busy spots by now with very few new beach goers to replenish this time of the year.

The scorpion looks like it was ripped off of someone's chain the way the loop is broke clean through. Interesting link pattern on the chain you found. Good work!

Thanks Brad, Yes, the coins were not that old but many were "greenies" so not recent drops. You are very observant to notice those 2 things that also stood out to me. The shape of the loop break on the scorpion indicates that it was ripped off a chain - perhaps by someone else, or the heavy surf or maybe it got caught on something. The link shapes on the chain are indeed different than any I've seen before. It is an appealing design despite not being higher karat gold.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, rvpopeye said:

Good hunt Compass !

All the food groups too.

Nice pile of yellow , the scorpion is stunning.  

You'll remember that one for a long time !🖖

Thanks RVP, Any type of gold is always welcome but, yes, the scorpion is pretty cool looking despite the damage to the loop. 

• Like 1