Pending Purchases Nokta Simplex Ultra And Legend - Thinking Of Getting Both.. Thoughts?

On 1/15/2024 at 4:56 PM, DSMITH said:

As Jeff Stated and I can only report what I know about the Simplex Plus as I have never used the Ultra or BT

Those tones on the Simplex Plus drove me nuts, they remind me of the Aflac Goose that someone has a strangle hold on and the goose refuses to die and shut up, even though I own the ATP and never use it I would much rather listen to that audio in pro mode that the ATP offers as to hear that dying goose tones of the Simplex Plus, don't know if the Ultra is the same or not but lets hope not

I’m also a simplex plus owner and wholeheartedly agree that the farty tones are very fatiguing. I'm certainly very glad that my Legend has other options, because it would have been a hard pass if it was more of that bs. I remember reading a comment/post from Sven, iirc, who, years ago when the MMK & Anfibio were newer, compared the tones to sounding like a tornado blew through a duck call factory, and remember thinking what an apt description, haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd give the Simplex a miss, it's duck being murdered tones are terrible, and I'm not overly impressed at all with its performance, good bang for the buck build quality, features and so on, but performance is a bit of a letdown, other detectors by other manufacturers maybe a better choice if you're sticking to that similar sort of price point.

The Legend on the other hand sounds a great choice for you, and if you expect your wife to use a Simplex while you run circles around her with a multi freaker think again, she'll end up claiming that detector and you'll be stuck murdering ducks all day watching her get all the best finds.

The problem is that Simplex Goose never DIE'S LOL

On 1/15/2024 at 7:13 AM, dirtdigger88 said:

Looking at getting the Simplex Ultra and a Legend (both) I can't seem to find much online as far as comparisons

History Revisited has a few videos on the Legend plus the Simplex Ultra: