Vanquish 540 To Double Score

I currently use the Vanquish 540, it's a great detector and I have found 94 silver coins over a 3yr period, I absolutely love its simplicity. I want a waterproof detector, I'm leaning Double Score because to me, it appears to be a Legend without functions that I would probably never use. I hunt mostly coins, my 540 goes deep, I'm concerned the Double Score might not match the 540 depth, am I wrong. Would the Double Score be a good upgrade?

• Like 2

Hi Chuck.

I owned a 540, but quickly grew out of it and got a Legend.

Yes, the Score models use Legend hardware, minus some features and settings. 

The Vanquish line uses the same technology as the Equinox line. The Score models, the Legend, the 540, and the Nox, all have about the same depth.

Is it just the waterproofing you're after, or was there something else as well?

• Like 1

I love my Vanquish 540, it's an awesome detector for its price and I especially like its rock solid target ID stability and depth it can achieve on deep silver coins using the v12 coil in my mild soils, while I've not used a high-end Nokta machine like the Legend to get a baseline with my only experience being a Simplex but we won't go there I would think the Double Score model should have the edge on depth, especially in milder soils as it has an option for a 13.5 x 12.5" SC35 Coil, this coil "should" go  deeper than the biggest coil for the Vanquish, the v12 which is 12x9" and if it doesn't, then I'd be very disappointed in the Score.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Hi Chuck.

I owned a 540, but quickly grew out of it and got a Legend.

Yes, the Score models use Legend hardware, minus some features and settings. 

The Vanquish line uses the same technology as the Equinox line. The Score models, the Legend, the 540, and the Nox, all have about the same depth.

Is it just the waterproofing you're after, or was there something else as well?

Appreciate the feedback, I'm also after some seperation and ground balance features although I can run my 540 wide open practically all the time, there have been some occasions where I believe ground balance would have helped 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

I love my Vanquish 540, it's an awesome detector for its price and I especially like its rock solid target ID stability and depth it can achieve on deep silver coins using the v12 coil in my mild soils, while I've not used a high-end Nokta machine like the Legend to get a baseline with my only experience being a Simplex but we won't go there I would think the Double Score model should have the edge on depth, especially in milder soils as it has an option for a 13.5 x 12.5" SC35 Coil, this coil "should" go  deeper than the biggest coil for the Vanquish, the v12 which is 12x9" and if it doesn't, then I'd be very disappointed in the Score.

Appreciate the feedback. My brother uses the Simplex and he wishes he would have purchased the 540, my 540 tones and depth are much greater then his Simplex. I really love my 540 but I want a waterproof detector and I was thinking for the price, the Double Score might be the ticket, especially since I love a turn on and go detector like the 540. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck M said:

Appreciate the feedback. My brother uses the Simplex and he wishes he would have purchased the 540, my 540 tones and depth are much greater then his Simplex. I really love my 540 but I want a waterproof detector and I was thinking for the price, the Double Score might be the ticket, especially since I love a turn on and go detector like the 540. 

yes, my Simplex experience is the same, the depth is terrible, the 540 towers over it, that's why I haven't taken the jump into other Nokta's as yet.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...