Whites Tm808 With Cave Mode - Reduced

TM808fullfront.thumb.jpg.a3a8c6ce64ff4899e145ceb1947db92e.jpgTM808closefront.thumb.jpg.a0f7bf58941d71ec8435b8e706b543d6.jpgGood condition Whites TM808 with Cave mode. These are considered better than the TM808 without cave. They're called 808's, but the ones with Cave are actually the 800, which is a copy of the Treasure Finder 900 by Treasure Baron. Want to trade for a Gold Bug 2, or maybe a Gold Kruzer. The only reassom I'm trading is a I came into both a Treasure Baron 900, and 1200, and no longer need the TM808.

Jim

Jim  

At this time I don’t see I’ve got something you would be interested in a trade. I’m wondering if you have a cash price you would take for it?

If it’s something out there you can’t live without speak up I just may have it .

Chuck 

Thanks, Chuck! I made an ugly, padded, waterproof case for this. The whole thing weighs about 25 lbs, I'm guessing. I'd tale $500, with the case. But, I'd rather trade. I'm going to wait a bit, and see what turns up. I'm really wanting a GB2 in good shape, But also like the Kruzer. I'll see what shows up first.😁

Jim

Jim thanks for your reply. I’m not sure what I want being I did have a Fisher two box and a friend with it left to parts unknown.

Chuck 

Since I own most of  the 2 box ever made 

just a note the whites tm800 has square antennas and runs at 12khz

while the tm808 antenna is oval and runs at 6khz

tm600 and tf600 same 6khz

tm800 and tf900 same 12khz

there is another Vercion of the tf 1200

than is the tf900 but with heigher voltage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From

1 hour ago, Magic12 said:

Since I own most of  the 2 box ever made 

just a note the whites tm800 has square antennas and runs at 12khz

while the tm808 antenna is oval and runs at 6khz

tm600 and tf600 same 6khz

tm800 and tf900 same 12khz

there is another Vercion of the tf 1200

than is the tf900 but with heigher voltage

From what I've learned on Geotech, the 900 and 1200 are identical as far as circuits go. Both have a regulated power supply at 7.5 volts. The manual says the input voltage is 9v. My 1200 came with a 12v battery pack, but I changed it to 9v also. I was concerned  the 12v may have been something the previous owner added. Both of my Discovery units are dual frequency, although I'm not sure if in "trace mode", without the Trace attachment, they still run at 73.5khz, or stay at the 12khz freq. I guess I need to check the power supply output voltage on my 1200 to see if it is a higher voltage than my 900. There's a lot of discussion about the nomenclature on the 800, 808, and with and without Cave mode. There was some legal action between Whites and Discovery over the TM808 with cave. That led to Whites dropping the Cave model. One Whites engineer told me the TM808 with cave was actually the TM800, and was a copy of the Discovery. I assumed Whites already had dropped the 800 nomenclature, but had a few of those models left and rebadged them as the TM808, but with Cave mode. I do know they're somewhat rare, so weren't made in large numbers, as was the later TM808 without Cave, which is, as I understand it, a different circuit. I appreciate the info, in any case.

Jim

Update - I'd take $450 + shipping, or $525 shipped, with the aluminum case I made.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Whites Tm808 With Cave Mode - Reduced