Manticore's Performance In Hawaii

54 minutes ago, CoinShooter said:

Pensacola, Florida has much prettier beaches.

All the way from Pensacola to Panama City are some of the whitest sand beaches anywhere.  When you get into the Big Bend the beaches are not so good until you get near Tampa.  Sarasota is nice!  Ft. Myers and a few beaches down that way are about it until you get down to the Keys.  The East Coast of Florida is a different animal with hundreds of beaches.

6 hours ago, CoinShooter said:

I'll probably get blasted for this response, but Pensacola, Florida has much prettier beaches.

Depends on where you go in Hawaii! I know some really nice beaches in Hawaii. All with beautiful, natural sand that's not imported or moved around with heavy equipment. I can't compare Hawaii to Florida as I have never been to Florida, but finally going this summer. I'm planning to take my detector on the trip too. Can't wait to see the beaches of Florida and some of the Caribbean beaches while on our cruise. It would be nice to try and hook up with a forum member to go detecting!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mn90403 said:

All the way from Pensacola to Panama City are some of the whitest sand beaches anywhere.  When you get into the Big Bend the beaches are not so good until you get near Tampa.  Sarasota is nice!  Ft. Myers and a few beaches down that way are about it until you get down to the Keys.  The East Coast of Florida is a different animal with hundreds of beaches.

White powder sugar sand from Clearwater down to Sarasota. I lived on the east coast in Cocoa and New Smyrna and that sand is more of the tan to brown variety. Much heavier surf on the Atlantic side to deal with if you detect the water. I much prefer the gulf beaches. Nice calm clear water. Most trips I can be in chest deep water and still be able to count my toes. I'm spoiled. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I much prefer the gulf beaches.

Unless you surf!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Unless you surf!

In my teen years growing up over there I did just that and had a ball! Not so interesting to me now days, metal detecting is more my speed.....😄.