This... Is Tekkna In The USA

Well F350, you definitely put that program to the test! It seems to fair better in very low trash environs. I have a lot of "iron only" sites so I'll see how it performs in those conditions. You note that it does well finding the small nonferrous targets in the iron. I would agree but on my last hunt I was surprised to find several large nonferrous targets like brass horse tack and lantern pieces in the iron. I think all that Disc finally made them sound good enough to dig. I do like that brooch!

Glad to see you were rewarded for your efforts with another 100 acres to hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

It seems to fair better in very low trash environs.

Well yes, but that would also make a better case for Relic.

I used it in a mostly iron situation and it did find great stuff. When the targets get thin I switch to relic, because I'm heavy trash relic is too loud.

I guess I didn't mind digging all that "trash" if there are precious metals and coins at stake, simply because any non ferrous stuff could be really good, and it's comfortable with iron volume at 8 or less.

Rarely is a signal diggable if it doesn't produce clear tones in all directions, that is the thing to force yourself to remember when using it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Hey ,Bob, way to go! 😎

Hey Cap! 👍

Glad to see ya back here, one of your pals put up a notice about your situation, I could not be more thrilled to hear from you. 🙂 🥳

I've had one hell of a year so far, and really missed ya.

Hope all is well. 🤞

• Like 3

Nice finds Bob! I’ve been playing around with the Tekkna program for about a week with varying success. It was able to sniff out some small pieces of brass at one of my heavily hunted iron blanketed sites. Still need to spend more time with it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Nice finds Bob! I’ve been playing around with the Tekkna program for about a week with varying success. It was able to sniff out some small pieces of brass at one of my heavily hunted iron blanketed sites. Still need to spend more time with it.

Thanks! I'm still really a fan of using Relic, and with Tekkna find my success varied as well. For sure I dig lots of NF trash with it, not so much with Relic.

Relic has improved a lot with V2, I wasn't on V1.1 for long enough to know whether it was improved then.

I can do just as well with my version of Relic, but it does tend to be trifling in heavy trash, so I'm glad to have a more subtle alternative. 🙂

• Like 2