Age Of Armed Forces Signal Corps Pin And Other Mysteries?

I found this US armed forces Signal Corps pin perhaps 30 feet from where I historically found an 1890s barber dime.  I can’t find any information online to indicate the age, so any help would be appreciated.  All the modern ones appear to have a smooth background, are domed, or don’t have a raised rim. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any markings on the back.  I’m not even sure if it’s supposed to be a collar pin or an oversized cufflink.  It almost looks like the back piece was made to screw on, but there is one tooth – perhaps to keep it from shifting against the  fabric.

The little fleur-de-lis piece was found in a different area of the site.  It rang through loud and clear. I had to dig under some large roots for it, so I am not sure of the exact depth, but it was about 10-12 inches deep.  I was a little flabbergasted that I picked up something that small that deep.  There are two little knobs on the back so it must’ve been affixed to something.  There are no markings on the back of this either.  The only coin I found for this day was out in the middle of the woods and was a 1960 Lincoln…

Does anybody have any idea what the double sided ring thing might be?

3D5D4E88-EB06-483B-B699-5074E745012D.jpeg

15388E03-45FD-4379-8BEC-44595E5B98CA.jpeg

FB53D39A-F9B0-4BF8-89B7-456AA41E547C.jpeg

• Like 5

The signal corps badge is WW1 era, the screw back gives that away. 👍 Really like the Fleur de Lis pin, may have signified some alliance with France.

Wild guess on the double ring thing, may be part of a horse bit, or an alligator teething ring 😏

Great finds!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

The signal corps badge is WW1 era, the screw back gives that away. 👍 Really like the Fleur de Lis pin, may have signified some alliance with France.

Wild guess on the double ring thing, may be part of a horse bit, or an alligator teething ring 😏

Great finds!

I like the alligator idea. Now who could’ve imported alligators to Ohio?🤔

• Haha 2

The double ring item could be a link for a chain pump.  Nice finds.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Wild guess on the double ring thing, may be part of a horse bit, or an alligator teething ring

Sorry that you miss-identified such  a common item from Ohio. That is a hotdog holder and sucker holder for ugly babies that scare the dogs. The hotdog temps the dogs to pay attention the the kids, while the sucker is in the babies mouth.

Please remember the area that has strange items that were used in days past.

• Haha 2

Great finds and wish you more luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

1910-1937 Signal Corp Brass; depends on the type of back attachment. https://www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/USCD.php Not a complete listing of all army brass but this one has what you have..
Nice finds.

1910-1926 screwback with a concave screwback, 1926-1937 screwback with a flatfaced screwback. Note that both are the textured brass with raised edge while the 37-43 is not textured, it is flat with no raised edge.

• Like 3