Adding Another Hobby

New to metal detecting. In late April, I bought an X-Terra Pro from my local Sportsman's Warehouse and a Fisher F-Pulse from Amazon. So far, I've detected around baseball fields several times, and I go to a nearby beach daily. I'm finding plenty of pull tabs, other assorted junk metal and a bunch of clad coins. I'm learning as I go listening to the tones first and VDI second, but it's hard not to look at the screen when it sounds good. I will move up to an SMF detector eventually.

Edit: Yesterday, I bought a Vanquish 440 and a pro-find 35 off marketplace for $240. The lady bought them in April and took them to the beach one time. The tones and VDI are different, it'll be interesting. I've surface tested coins and took note of the differences. The pro-find reacts different than the F-Pulse.

Also, I've joined 4 MD forums, so you may see this post on the others. I am just gaining knowledge from a myriad of sources. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Adding Another Hobby

Welcome to the hobby & this forum from the red dirt of East Texas.  It sure sounds like you are heading in the right direction, eyes & ears wide open, learning as you go.  Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum and should you ever have any questions please ask and I am sure that someone here will be able to answer your questions.

We welcome your posts on your finds as well as pictures also.

Good luck and take your time to learn the good habits of this hobby, and it will make you a better person with the detector.

Good luck and good hunting.

Welcome aboard  from uptah camp AKD !

Alaska is a good starting point, I've heard there might be some yellah up there ! 

OK , you have enough detectors., for now... Just concentrate on one till you get up to speed. It might get a bit confusing with learning 3 at once . They all have their own "language" , 'twill be a hard decision.

Ask yer questions , I know you'll have them as you go. The crew here have plenty of experience to share.(And just mayyyybeeee a pointy finger or two ??)

And 4 forums . 😳  I did the same thing when I started out.... That would take me all day to keep up with. Of course I would advise this one as the best but I might be somewhat prejudiced. 😜YMMV .

As the new guy on crew , your rowing position is on the port side , up front on the waves r us seat. arrrrrrrrr🏴‍☠️

Good Luck out there !

• Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 2:23 AM, rvpopeye said:

And 4 forums . 😳  I did the same thing when I started out.... That would take me all day to keep up with.

To be honest, this is my first stop of the day. The interaction amongst members works for me, seems like not many people get their panties in a bunch when debating points of view. 

I'm also absorbing a lot of useful info.

• Like 1