Vortex Testers On The Forum

Come Tuesday the testers for Garrett Storm will be coming out of the woodwork . I bet my last dollar it’s at least two guys on here been testers for Garrett from day one.

Remember the guys that tested the Axiom and I know one of them has not said a word about this detector.

Come Tuesday after 10 am theses testers will be like a babbling Brooke telling us all about the Vortex.

The next thing I want to know will Garrett have a good supply to sell and us to buy come TUESDAY.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised nothing at all has been leaked.

Well, I'm holding out hope that this new machine has notably better discrimination than what we currently have. My hope derives from Garret's claims that the detector has new technology. Although maybe that just means new technology for them.

48 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Garrett runs a tight ship. Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know.

Well Steve that narrows it down because you have been talking lots but that leaves one that hasn’t said a word .

Chuck 

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Well Steve that narrows it down because you have been talking lots but that leaves one that hasn’t said a word .

Chuck 

Sometimes those that know nothing have nothing to say. :smile: Just a reminder Gerry and I are gold guys mostly, there might be others out there in Garrett land far more in tune with this type of product, and more importantly, with big YouTube follows, more likely than a couple backwater hicks from Alaska and Idaho. :laugh:

I think you are overestimating what is going to happen on the 18th. Garrett most likely will just be revealing what this new detector will look like and have for features. It probably is not actually done and will still be getting tested and will not be available to actually get your hands on until later. Testers may not be able to say anything at all unless specifically invited to as part of this unveiling. My expectation is we simply learn more about the detector itself from Steve Novakovich and Steve Moore but that's about it. Like it says in the poster, it's a product launch. Relax, kick up your feet, and enjoy the show. Maybe you will be able to buy one Tuesday but I'll bet you can't get one, just maybe preorder one. It baffles me to this day why anyone would ever give a dealer money for anything until they actually get the product and have it available in stock. Is it that important to be first in line? My advice to anyone is wait until people have them in stock to order. Or get on a free notification list maybe. But give money to somebody for something they don't have yet, and don't really know when they will get it? Take a pass.

Garrett did a similar Axiom announcement livestream with the bigwigs on July 26, 2022. The Axiom detectors actually shipped to dealers in mid-November of that same year. Let history be your guide.

Garrett Axiom Launch Notice
014661AE-7B9F-440C-BABF-AAB1F07115A1.jpeg

Garrett Vortex Launch Notice
IMG_0046.jpeg

REGISTER HERE

• Like 6

Everything you said makes sense but it’s always got a but but look back and you will see Mr G showing how great a coin detector can find gold with picture after picture.

I’d say this Vortex better be great at finding gold as so many that’s on the market now. That’s just one of many virtues the Vortex needs to have. I’ve been known to be wrong but there I am again with that but but I can’t remember when that was. What I’m trying to say is people want to pick up one detector and never have to put it down because it will do everything. I’m not so sure we’ll ever see that day but we can dream .

I could never be a tester because I’m too much a bucket mouth simple put .

Chuck 

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’d say this Vortex better be great at finding gold as so many that’s on the market now

There are enough gold machines. Garrett needs a top contender for the big prize: coins, relics, jewelry, in water and out. Something a person in Virginia or Florida who will never look for nuggets ever will want and buy.

IMG_0055.jpeg

• Like 5

Yup, something at least as good as a Legend, D2, and Manticore, (and priced right) or, they're just wasting their time and advertising budget. We don't need more mid-range machines. People who are current detectorists are upgrading from those. Newbies or those who just lost their ring in the back yard are buying the cheap-end machines.

• Like 1