Why Does Minelab Not Update Their Manuals?

You get no manual in the box when you buy a Manticore, just a Quick Start Guide, but you can download a full pdf manual online. Yet 10 months after the last software update, the manual does not mention any of the updates at all. I get that not printing and giving us a manual saves Minelab money, but the one benefit we could get from that is an updated manual when changes occur.

When new models ship that already are updated, will new owners downloading this old manual even know that some of these new features exist? In the past there was also an actual pdf that outlined the update details but now we don’t even get that. Best there is now is an “official” YouTube video apparently farmed out to a third party.

Stabilizer - All-Terrain Multi IQ - Reduces falsing on iron in heavy iron sites with mild ground mineralization - Adds a tonal nuance to iron to help distinguish good targets from iron - not recommended in normal conditions. Can only be used while in Multi-IQ and in an All-Terrain Search Mode.

Stabilizer Filter - Makes the audio weaker and thinner on targets affected by stabilizer

Red Target ID - All Metal Mode Only - Target ID is red if iron is detected

New Options in the Softkey Menu:

Speaker Mute/Unmute
Search Mode
Recovery Speed
Frequency
Sensitivity Boost
Clear ID Map
Flashlight ON/OFF
Display Brightness

Goldfield Mode – Fixed an issue with small gold sensitivity & discrimination depth. All Audio Themes are now available in Goldfield Mode

Beach Mode - Ground Balance has been improved for dry sand. Default Recovery Speed in Beach Low Conductors and Beach Deep have been increased to 4

Audio Boost for Underwater Headphones

Default settings for Tone Pitch for Targets IDs in the Coke range changed from 2 to 1 in All Terrain Fast, All Terrain Low Conductors and All Terrain High Conductors

UI Languages support added under General Settings (Czech and Hindi added, minor updates to other languages)

• The title was changed to Why Does Minelab Not Update Their Manuals?

I think they do, this file is version 2 of the manual

manticore2manual.thumb.jpg.4ec8eb2acf4e75bf7ddfa225e557986e.jpg

and it has the stabiliser setting, which is only available after the update

updatedmanual.jpg.ca7bc3129a3d33430ea035b36b9c7acb.jpg

They just don't mention in a changelog in the manual the changes associated with the new firmware.

Steve,

Your link above leads to the older pdf manual (78 pages). There is a newer version which is 83 pages.

Depending on where you Google, you may hit the older or newer version pdf.

Have you got this one....it is version 2.0 which came out mid 2023 ?

Simon beat me by 10 seconds.....

First posted here which is how I got my newer version.

Aha… I made the “mistake” of going to their Product Manual & Guides page which only links to the old manual. The newer manual is only available via the Manticore product page. Thanks guys for the pointy finger!

Instead now I’ll ask why they don’t update their Product Manual & Guides page. :smile: