I uploaded new YouTube videos showing AQ vs Manticore performance on a nickel and a gold ring in black sand. Also one on a small possibly gold earring and another on a necklace (neither sees it!)

Minelab Manticore vs Fisher Impulse AQ, black sand, gold ring

• Like 1

• The title was changed to AQ Vids

would love to test both of these machines in my area but was leaning more to pi machine. Had seen a few videos of the impulse machine and liked the simplicity of it but had always wondered why there were so few vids of it on beach after so many years. That sand looks nice but i know looks can be deceiving. Wonder what your thoughts on it beachunting with it in similar bad sand conditions.

Unfortunately last time out with the AQ at Laguna I didn’t find any good targets.  And Laguna has less black sand than Newport where I got the sand. Gold is so scarce that I get the feeling I’m missing stuff. True that I am using the Bigfoot coil so depth is less, but it sure does find the tent stakes - even deep ones. Got 25 last time. One of my beaches has been trashed by workers refurbing the hotels dropping all sorts of hardware and iron. Maybe the AQ could ignore that-but the beach goers are not hitting these areas because it looks bad with all the scaffolding etc.  Plus we had big wave surges that made things difficult.  

I tried the Manticore last trip with the 11” coil but always have a time locating the target. I’m putting the 8” back on and trying that again perhaps tomorrow.  Really like it. There are some targets - found a Hermes H bracelet last time with the MC.

• Like 3