Observations Of Nokta And Makro Detectors

50 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

Ok so now we got the Fors Gold + Do we still go for the Core or  not and what is good about the G+ apart from being better than the fors Gold ?? It's great to see such a Line up but my Brain hurts,

I thought the Go to machines are Gold Racer and the fors Core,, have we changed our minds again or am I still safe with those 2 machines,, Truly Great Companies. 

Thanks everyone,, John

Well I think the original Fors Gold and CoRe will have been discontinued now the Gold+ and Relic have become the more refined units. Though there's till a few new ones from dealers trying to offload the early range at a cheaper price.

Yeah the line up became confusing early on John, that's for sure ...they certainly moved extremely quick in re-defining the range, but when you have an individual units capabilities matched up against any weakness it may have for you within a certain area or use, in line with the other models, it makes it very easy to jump on one specific detector.

An example is the AUGoldfinder. I want it's dials and especially that ground balance dial exactly in the centre spot it is so I can ride the balance, set up directly in front of the handgrip on a straight shaft.

It's the ergonomic alternative to the Gold Racer for me, as I'll be using it for gold detecting only with a large coil.

Without that AU choice, I'd have chosen the Gold Racer.

Great to be able to have choices.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shasta gold hunter said:

I have a hard time believing the f-19 wouldn't hit a 5 gram nugget at 5"... Was that a typo Argyle?

Nah pretty sure that's what Don said on that particular test Shasta. (I can't quite remember his username, it's on one of the AU threads)

Hard to believe when I first read it too, nice size for an F19 to bang out on. I've hit one at just under 3 grams a touch deeper than that on crazy ground, ground grabbing every step...But the misses certainly can happen on some ground types.

Just not sure if testing was done on undisturbed dirt or not. But he did say it was quite hot ground.

I'll see if I can find his post and quote it more clearly.

Ah, here it is, couldn't work out how to copy/past thread, so if it's okay with Don (Don71) I'll just copy and quote him.

The other detector was the Fisher F19 which is supposed to be the Gold Bug Pro with notching, backlight, and other features added. I had the Gold Bug Pro before the F19 but sold it. I was suprised when the F19 couldn't see a 5 gram nugget at 5 inches in high mineral soil but the Goldfinder could. The F19 just barely grunted an iron signal in disc and in "all metal" it was lost in the background noise of the ground. The Goldfinder correctly identified the target as non-ferrous but only with iMask set at 1 or 2. In "all metal" it was an obvious signal. I do hear the Goldfinder making pops and clicks at high sensitivity. Also, if you turn down the disc below 10, it starts picking up a little more interference. I turned down the disc to see if there was any iron signal in a high tone, if there was some low tone, it was usually a junk target. This area is very tough on VLF detectors.

-Don

• Like 2

Yeah I see what you mean, well I got one gold machine with a meter and since I change the coil it is nipping at the heals of the GB II, so I am thinking maybe the AUGoldfinder should be the one to get and the Fors Relic, I like the Core but I wish they had not put a Dip in the shaft, I still have not worked out what that is all about, But from a serious Whites Owner I have to Admit that Makro/Nokta just made the machine people asked for and said there it is so to speak and we did not have to beg for it,, my only hope is that they don't bring out another machine before I finish typing,

thanks for that now I know where I'm going,, John

Yeah I'm not a fan of dip/rise shafts. Hate the CoRe's trigger handle.

Took a while for me to get used to dip/rise shafts with the XTerra's, but I love em on those units now. But they have the weight above your handgrip to coil and are very light on the back end.

But I hate s/rods too. And sadly Whites put every unit I like in their range on horrible un-ergonomic shafts (for me). With floppy armrests too boot. I have to remount them on straight shafts with different armrests. Love using xterra armrests and the newer Fisher/Tek rests on those projects.

21 minutes ago, argyle said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of dip/rise shafts. Hate the CoRe's trigger handle.

Took a while for me to get used to dip/rise shafts with the XTerra's, but I love em on those units now. But they have the weight above your handgrip to coil and are very light on the back end.

But I hate s/rods too. And sadly Whites put every unit I like in their range on horrible un-ergonomic shafts (for me). With floppy armrests too boot. I have to remount them on straight shafts with different armrests. Love using xterra armrests and the newer Fisher/Tek rests on those projects.

I worked out if you want a straight shaft on the MXT  then just add the GMT straight mid shaft and order the Tall Man lower shaft and then you have a Sudo GPX type setup, If you need to stiffen up the arm rest take it off and pinch it closed a little and put it back on and they lock up real tight and if I want to add a huge coil I stick some stick On alloy wheel weights to the under side of the Box and although the machine is a tad heavier the coil Glides over the ground,

hope this helps,, john 

7 hours ago, argyle said:

Well I think the original Fors Gold and CoRe will have been discontinued now the Gold+ and Relic have become the more refined units. Though there's till a few new ones from dealers trying to offload the early range at a cheaper price.

Yeah the line up became confusing early on John, that's for sure ...they certainly moved extremely quick in re-defining the range, but when you have an individual units capabilities matched up against any weakness it may have for you within a certain area or use, in line with the other models, it makes it very easy to jump on one specific detector.

An example is the AUGoldfinder. I want it's dials and especially that ground balance dial exactly in the centre spot it is so I can ride the balance, set up directly in front of the handgrip on a straight shaft.

It's the ergonomic alternative to the Gold Racer for me, as I'll be using it for gold detecting only with a large coil.

Without that AU choice, I'd have chosen the Gold Racer.

Great to be able to have choices.

I not aware that Nokta said they are going to discontinue the CoRe (or anything else) since the introduction of new models. 

Thanks Don and Argyle for all the great info.  

I came home from work and looked at this post and where it usually has the last posters name it said Nokta so I though wow, maybe the company paid a visit and left a post?  Then I saw all these tags stuck to the post?  Then I thought wow, all the Nokta - Makro family has come together to have a reunion here at this post! Pretty cool :rolleyes:  

On 3/30/2016 at 1:27 AM, argyle said:

The other detector was the Fisher F19 which is supposed to be the Gold Bug Pro with notching, backlight, and other features added. I had the Gold Bug Pro before the F19 but sold it. I was suprised when the F19 couldn't see a 5 gram nugget at 5 inches in high mineral soil but the Goldfinder could. The F19 just barely grunted an iron signal in disc and in "all metal" it was lost in the background noise of the ground. The Goldfinder correctly identified the target as non-ferrous but only with iMask set at 1 or 2. In "all metal" it was an obvious signal. I do hear the Goldfinder making pops and clicks at high sensitivity. Also, if you turn down the disc below 10, it starts picking up a little more interference. I turned down the disc to see if there was any iron signal in a high tone, if there was some low tone, it was usually a junk target. This area is very tough on VLF detectors.

-Don

Argyle,

I've been away from detecting for about 10 years so I have a lot of catching up on different models but I'm getting there.  I'm not familiar with the "Goldfinder".  Is that the G-2?

I was just looking back at your post as I have seen advertisements for the G2 but lots of folks say it's a fisher this or that so I never really followed up on it.  I also see they make an upgraded model the G2 plus.  

I would appreciate your thoughts on the goldfinder.  

Thanks